Author Topic: 455 olds rebuild  (Read 890 times)

Offline ray_deayon

455 olds rebuild
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
hello everyone i havenet been on in a while ive been busy with my engine rebuild. so any way there was a rod knock in my engine about 3 months ago so i took my whole engine in to get it rebuild. well the place that i took it into never touched it once they just started working on the heads about 3 weeks ago. and plus the guy said that i would have to take my engine some were else. so i got kinda mad and took everything back. i had to pay for the heads they cleaned and the crank shaft they fixed. so i took my engine to LAM in kenosha. and im very impress with the work they have done. in about 2 weeks they have mangaflux the block and bored it .30 over. they also cleaned all my parts. the guy said that the engine will be done the end of next week he also said that he will dino it. if anyone lives near kenosha wisconsin this is the place to get ur engine rebuild. i will take pics  as soon as i get the engine back

the transformation is a beautiful prosses

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Re: 455 olds rebuild
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:58:32 AM »
Sorry to hear about Shop #1 giving you the run around but it sounds like Shop #2 is working out. Looking forward to the pics :)

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone