Author Topic: 320 PC INTERIOR / EXTERIOR DASH TRIM SCREW KIT  (Read 1385 times)

Offline FatCat

320 PC INTERIOR / EXTERIOR DASH TRIM SCREW KIT
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »
I am starting a 1978 TA project and want to know if the kits on Ebay are a good idea and are they accurate?

Offline jmurray878

Re: 320 PC INTERIOR / EXTERIOR DASH TRIM SCREW KIT
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
if this is the kind of thing you're looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/320-PC-INTERIOR-EXTERIOR-DASH-TRIM-SCREW-KIT-F-/140609404887?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bcf93fd7

Then NO! they are not accurate, not even close.  They are a generic screw assortment.  You can get the same thing at the local Harbor Freight.  They may list them as being specific for a certain car but they are far from being specific.  If you want screw kits specific for a T/A, firebird or camaro, check with F-body Warehouse....  I know they have some.
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »
yes Pete will fix you up.  I got the body bolt kit from him.  love it.  the screws are baged and taged so you know where they go.

77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline FatCat

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »
Thank you so much! I figured for the price it must be a bad deal. I will try and find F-Body wearhouse and get them there. I do want all new hardware....Thanks again!

Offline FatCat

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »
I just got the car and it's my first attempt to restore. I have already found this site is a great help. I took out the dash today and ready to replace as well as I restered the dash bezel and the instructions on here were spot on and the dash bezel looks brand new.

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
There are some great people here and a TON of great info for restoring your car.  Doug (4speed) is just one of those extremely talented and knowledgable guys & gals around here that'll be able to answer just about anything you need to know.  I know i've learned a heck of a lot in the little time I've been a member here and been able to tackle projects on my car I never thought i'd be able to.  Welcome to 78ta.com

Btw...  here's the link to F-body Warehouses website.  Lot's of good stuff!   
http://www.fbodywarehouse.com
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"