Author Topic: Firebird Wing suit ,and video  (Read 4303 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Firebird Wing suit ,and video
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttz5oPpF1Js&eurl=http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dttz5oPpF1Js

Hi all,I just wanted to show you what I think is the most extreme sport there is . I had big plans last summer to take lessons and get  certified to do free fall's on my own. But I bought the T/A instead ,so I will be broke for some time .
You need 200 free falls before you can jump with a wing suit ,so it takes alot of cash to get there .
 I was going to buy the suit anyways for inspiration ,and a conversation piece.
 I kinda like the fact that the wing suit I want is called the Firebird ,it's a  beginner's suit that you can buy from Wingman idustries .

Mine was going to be black and gold though ,no pink lol  (although the black and pink is kinda growing on me?]

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:52:09 PM by RainMan »

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Re: Wing suit video
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »
If i were to do that my suit would be  "Brown" 
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »
If i were to do that my suit would be  "Brown" 
^^ lmao to funny !

I actually frown upon base jumping. My boss offered to take me up in his Bell 206 if I jumped using a wing suit  . Much safer lol
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:58:57 AM by RainMan »

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:39:37 AM »
why would anyone want to jump out of a plane thats going to probably land before you do... is it a race to see he reaches the earth the fastest?  then you have the nude divers.... I have seen what the g force does to ones face.. all that wind too, which brings another scarry thought.. what happens if a nude diver say lays on his back? will he swell up like a baloon? Get a new one ripped?  Me... I wouldnt want to be around any of them.. seen what blue ice can do near airports... dive zones would have to watch for golden ice?
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »
omg ,no nude diving aint my thing . maybe if my thing was bigger perhaps?

I have only done one static jump so far . It was a freaking rush!

ya I'm not the cutest jumper  out there lol

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:17:36 AM by RainMan »

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »
Rainman.. you have brass ones is all I can say....
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 12:11:06 PM »
Rainman.. you have brass ones is all I can say....

^^ I don't call myself RainMan because I'm smart lol

Well I gotta say hanging off the wing of the plane flapping in a 90 mph breeze was a little scary . Once I let go and the chute deployed ,and I seen that there were no tangled lines ,it got better . When you put the brakes on ,it a freaking rush ! The chute changes shape ,and you feel like you went 100 stories straight up in a matter of seconds .
Then you just decend and steer yourself around for the next 10 minutes

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:23:27 PM by RainMan »

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »
Training? Who needs training?  That's just a waste of money.  Get the suit and jump.  It looks easy enough ;D ;D ;D

I bet you never read directions....I know I don't.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 05:33:20 PM »
Training? Who needs training?  That's just a waste of money.  Get the suit and jump.  It looks easy enough ;D ;D ;D

I bet you never read directions....I know I don't.

^^ Exactly

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Re: Firebird Wing suit ,and video
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
OK .. I watched the video... and you want to do this? Talk about your adrenaline junkies... It would be a cheap way to make a diamond..... just shove a lump of coal up my a$$ before I jump off... with in 2 seconds I promise you there would be a diamond....

YOU ARE NUTS MAN.... I am speachless....
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »
Actually Virgil ,I don't want to see how close I can get to the side of Mountains lol.  I would like to do free falls from an airplane with the suit though .
The part about sky diving that I do not like is the hang time . You get about a 45 second free fall in street clothes from 10,000 ft .But with the suit you average about a 2.5 minute jump from the same alttitude . That is why it has always peaked my interest ,plus the fact that you can steer .
In street clothes you can only move 10 centimeters horizontal for every meter you fall vertically . With the suit though ,you actually go 3 meters forward for every one down . That's gotta  be a rush .
My mom actually lives just a few miles from the largest jump zone in Canada . But I live much closer to Kallispell Montana,so I would like to go there instead. Plus they offer the accelerated free fall course,so you can do a 45 second free fall your first time . I don't think they offer that in Canada .
All the really good stuff seem's to be in the States if you ask me.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »
chick magnet

^^^^ lmao

you crack me up Hammer !
I knew there may be some sarcasm

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »
RainMan AKA D.B. Cooper

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »
RainMan AKA D.B. Cooper

I KNEW IT !!!! I KNEW IT !!!  how else would he have bought such a cool car in economic hard times.... j/k
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
I KNEW IT !!!! I KNEW IT !!!  how else would he have bought such a cool car in economic hard times.... j/k

Good point Virgil .
I gotta say I am freaked out about this whole global economic breakdown . Just my luck I loose my car and home before next summer .
That would really suck only having the opportunity  to  put 140 miles on my T/A ,but I really didn't think things were going to get this far out of hand last sumer.
Hopefully things turn around  ,but I don't have a lot of confidence in the World right now . It's even  hard to watch the news at this point.
My trade consists of communication's ,and we are actually still seeing growth, so maybe will make it threw hard times .That was this month though,and no one had a crystal ball.  It's very upsetting hearing about people loosing there job's and homes right now .
I have a feeling that what were seeing is just the tip of the iceberg ,as obviously things will trickle threw the system to everyone .
Oh well ,all we can do is think positive and drink lot's of Beer
------------------------------
Hey Hammer,I think it would be cool to meet you Guys to . If things go well , I am going to fly to the nationals  . I am going to make sure that I get my holidays approved for the same week as the Nat's this time .
It's to bad it's not feesable to  have the T/A there . Maybe I will win the Lotto before next Aug ,and have it shipped and waiting for me at your home  lol
Actually if I won the Lotto ,I would have the Hitman build me a black 78  SE clone with a  SD pontiac 455 and a 5 speed  standard . That way I could attend the show ,then drive it back home . I would have to find some young female DD ,so I could drink Beer all the way home .
Man I dream alot ,gotta quit that lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:03:14 AM by RainMan »