Author Topic: 1978 Trans Am For Sale Or Trade  (Read 2135 times)

Offline LTD

1978 Trans Am For Sale Or Trade
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
I have a 1978 Trans Am.  It has the 400 engine with an auto trans.  It does run and drive.  Posi rear, power windows, power locks, cruise, rear window defogger, air conditioning, am/fm 8 track, pulse wipers.  The heater works great.  The air conditioner is intact, but not currently hooked up.  There is some bondo in the body and there are some rust issues.  The driver's side front floor pan will definitely need to be replaced.  There is some rust at the bottom of the quarter panel, where it meets the door on the passenger side.  There is also quite a bit of rust around the rear window on the passenger side only.  The car is going to need a bit of work, but it does run and drive well.  The transmission shifts very smoothly.  The engine is a little cold-natured on start up, but otherwise runs nicely.  The shaker hood is intact.  The dash is in VERY good condition on this car!  The interior was originally blue, but someone has dyed most of the interior panels black.  I am asking $3,000 OBO or I will trade for a good running truck.  I bought this car to restore, but I don't have the time or money to finish two projects at the moment.  I have had a lot of tire kickers lately.  If I cannot sell or trade it, I'll just keep it and let it rot away.  Here are some pictures:

Offline T/A Addict

Re: 1978 Trans Am For Sale Or Trade
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »
Looks like a good deal. It shouldn't take long for someone to snag that up.
Jeff
2016 Victory Cross Country
2010 PCP Dodge Challenger
79 TATA
79 T/A Auto Solar Gold
69 Firebird

Offline LTD

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
$2600 OBO

Offline 89flyboy

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:30:43 PM »
To bad your not closer looks like a good starting point. Good luck on your sale.
I long for the peace that only driving a t/a can bring.

Offline LTD

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:01 AM »
Thank you!