Author Topic: Too Many Pans In The Fire  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Too Many Pans In The Fire
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »
OK hers the story, I have begun rebuilding the engine in my 78 T/A this fall. Its going very slow because I average 60 hours a week at work. My wife has gotten the itch to buy a new car, a new Mustang ( I shudder at the thought of a Ford in my driveway). Soooo... I came across something she has always wanted. A C-3 Corvette. I got a great deal on it except I got burned on the emissions system on it. Most the vacuum lines are routed incorrectly and I think it was suppose to have an A.I.R pump. I have been tring to do too many things at once and now need some help with finding a good source in locating a vacuum diagram for a 1980 L-48 Vette. If anyone knows where one can be located ( since the one under the hood is very misleading at the most.) I have found one source but thats just to order replacement. I just need the routing. The sooner I get her Vette done I can return to my T/A with hopes of a eearly spring start-up.
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »
Thanks Hammer . That helps a lot. The decal under the hood is there but it is missing half the diagram. From the pic you shared I will have to re-install the AIR pump as well the brackets and manifolds if its caught on inspection. I recall seeing somewhere that not all L-48 were not equipted with the AIR pump and whoever removed it did a pretty good job of eliminating it, just wish they took the time in routing the hoses correctly.

Again, Thanks.
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »
air pumps are mostly california emission cars...... you might not have it...
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....