Poll

what do you think  about it

Awesome
its alright
what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing
melt it

Author Topic: 1976 Trans am with Corvette spoiler 1970 400 ci engine some others extras  (Read 11391 times)

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

Here are some pictures of my 1976 Trans am . thought I'd just share

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
lotta hours on that glasswork, no worry about passing another one on the road
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

lotta hours on that glasswork, no worry about passing another one on the road
Right?
 i think with that said it should be named
         THE GLASS BIRD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:23:59 AM by xxcody2gunsxx »

Offline solargold

IMy taste on the TA's are factory look only, but that's me. I voted Awesome though because of the imagination and effort to build it, you did a great job! Now tell me if you just bought it because I have seen that car somewhere recently online for sale. That is unless there are more than 1.
L8R G8R

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

IMy taste on the TA's are factory look only, but that's me. I voted Awesome though because of the imagination and effort to build it, you did a great job! Now tell me if you just bought it because I have seen that car somewhere recently online for sale. That is unless there are more than 1.

Yes sir ,I did . the guy I bought it from was selling it in Colorado .  called it his baby  but didnt know it had front disc brakes and said that it had a holley 750 but was a 600 secondary . said it had a 69 ram air 3 but has a 70 400 with 71 400 heads  never the less still awesome . I sold my 1967 camaro to get this Glass bird .  i think it was worth it .  I love the body work done on it  .   and the engine in it . also has a his and hers shifter w/a rebuilt Tranny . right now I'm working on the cooling system and brakes .

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Very nice ride. I never liked the cowl hoods on TA's, but with the front facia, this one works. IMHO, needs fender vents, and some kind of marker light ( or something) in the front of the wheel on the fender. ( alot of blank real estate)
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Thought #1: Please do something with the rubber fuel line. That's an accident waiting to happen. Either upgrade to -AN line & fittings OR run some steel line please.

Thought #2: Please do something with that glass filter. It'll break and then you have gas spewing all over a hot engine block. Recipe for disaster.

Thought #3: I appreciate the work that went into it but its not my cup of tea. As long as you're happy with it, that's the main thing.

Thought #4: I'll second Russ...needs marker lights. I prefer other drivers to be able to see my intentions, even if they ignore them.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Jimmys77

• My 77 T/A
It's not my thing, but your hard earned money paid for it so my opinion doesn't matter...

Offline Frode_skj

I too love the original look, but still an ok car :)
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

Duly noted about the Fuel lines . thanks for looking out .

and I see how its not everyone's cup of tea as stated by another but I think that's what got me excited about it .
 I am not a big fan of the 70's or 80's OR 90's  birds or camaros . I lean towards the 60's .
 but when I saw this one i thought ,that's exactly what it would take to make it appealing for me .
 and I got it for 6,900 bucks .cant go wrong there .  it actually has a puck flying through the net where you would have fender vents and I'm thinking of putting fender vents in place of that puck . not a big hockey fan either.

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Actually the fender vents go above the body line.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

i see . thanks

Offline SOLICIT

Not feel'n it man.  Needs to be squatted down a good 2" with some 18" rims, and a color change....or at least ditch the flames.  Definitely agree it needs fender vents.

Hey, not everyone likes the rims and color on my '76, but every time I take the cover off before a drive, I get that awesome feeling of knowing it's mine.  As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.  Good for you man! 

Offline Gold Dust

• The two loves of my life
Not my cup of tea either but its yours and thats all it matters.Maybe a new paint job and get rid of the flames but thats just my opinion and mine doesnt really count
Dan P 1979 solar Gold

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

ditch the flames?
 I'm starting to rethink about this forum. those flames with the racing stripes  and the colors  representing the first trans am  is just a beautiful combination . and guys are saying ditch it ?
  I think its best to part ways right here . not the crew I wanna talk too.