Poll

what do you think  about it

Awesome
its alright
what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing
melt it

Author Topic: 1976 Trans am with Corvette spoiler 1970 400 ci engine some others extras  (Read 11402 times)

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

dodgeram106
 I Really cant tell you exactly whats in there . the guy I bought it from stated this in his description when he was selling it

SHARP LOOKING Trans Am, with Daytona Corvette Front Spoiler, Corvette Turbo Wing, Full Fender Flares and Rocker Panels.
New Custom Paint with Graphics...
ENGINE, 1969 400 c.i. Ram Air III, 10.5.1-0.30 Over TRW Pistons, Super Duty Rods, Steel Crank, Holly 750 cfm Carb, Edelbrock Performer Alum Intake Manifold,Complete Crane Valve Train, Cyclone Headers, Calif Turbo Mufflers.
 SUSPENSION, Moroso Trick Springs, Monroe Shocks, Lakewood Traction bars and Safety Loop, 1979 Trans Am Ten bolt Posi-Trac Rear end with 3:73 Zoom Gears. Roll Bar, 5 point Racing Harness seat belts, Transmission just rebuilt400 turbo, His and Hers Shifter. Must See to Appreciate!

I found that its not a 69 ram air 3 but a 1970 400ci
and the Holley was a 600 cfm not 750 .
I took the Holley because the float got stuck and its a good time to rebuild it . I put a edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb on it for the time being .
the transmission did get rebuilt and has pretty much everything else he said it had .

Offline golfswithglock

• Put that hammer down and give it hell
Not enough gold for my taste. I can appreciate the creativeness and thought that went into this thing. It's unique. But "unique" or "custom" cars rarely draw unanimous fanfare.
RAIDER NATION

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
xxcody2gunsxx, what really worries me is that you decide that this is not the place for you.
It is !

I can remember one poor chap posting on here and getting such a kicking he hasnt been back and thats a real shame, after all, if we all did and had the same it would be very boring !

Im going to stick my head on the block here and say this, 90+ % of the folks here are very much into " stock and factory ", i can appreciate the amount of work etc it takes to make a car " standard " but for me, i prefer modified.

If you look at my 2 cars, they have never been standard from the moment i got them, I love it when i get frowned upon by " Pontiac people " over here, half cant even spot the mods that have been done and some dont even give it a second glance.
I love F bodies, such a beautifull shape.

Mate, if no one modified we wouldnt of had Fire ams, Macho T/a's or even the BRE car, theres alot of talk about not fitting rims that are bigger than standard, but because Year one release 17 and 18" rims its suddenly ok ??

Its your car, to me this forum is a place for Firebird / Trans am lovers, good, bad and ugly........... for those with endless funds and those that struggle.

Thanks for posting the pics and showing another way of appreciating the car.

and for all of those that think im wrong................................ if Herb Adams had designed the body for a racer would you all be feeling the same?

Btw Russ ( Lomileta ) is right, the front fenders do need something to break them up a bit ! lol.  But you've been told that already haven't you...................
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:03:37 PM by Sir english firebird »
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Yukon Jack

That's one wild ride - enjoy it!
1980 Pontiac Trans Am, 455 Oldsmobile
1970 Blazer with a 400 sbc and 4" lift
1969 K20 with a 454, a bit of lift and 35's

Offline deadfish

Im going to stick my head on the block here and say this, 90+ % of the folks here are very much into " stock and factory ", i can appreciate the amount of work etc it takes to make a car " standard " but for me, i prefer modified.

I agree with Sir English...my car was a slapped together piece of junkyard refurb when I got it and I didn't really care because I've never met a car/boat/motorcycle/lawnmower...you name it...that I couldn't make better! (or at least I think I made them better! lol).

Now for your ride...well...I'm not a fan of the front fender wrapping the tire so much, but I love the the spoiler and the paint is killa! Enjoy it! It will turn heads!

Rick C.

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
Oh and by the way, just in case anyone thinks ive gone soft..............

No chance.

1979 Trans am.

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

I like that . good stuff bud

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
^^^ Just dont think that everyone feels and thinks the same, thats all.

oh and by the way, ill explain, im known for posting random pics and a great friendship with Dave.........

Just ask the Regulars on here......

1979 Trans am.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Yesterday I bypassed the leaking heater core until I can figure out how to get that panel off . the body work done to it has made it impossible to do so .

IF, and that's a mighty big if due to the amount of body work done on the car, there are stock inner fenders in there and they're mounted the same as stock, then all you need to do is:

1. Remove front tire.
2. Remove all the bolts holding the inner fender to the fender itself.
3. Remove the bolt (towards the firewall) that holds the inner fender to the front subframe.
4. Roll the inner fender foward and you can get it out to gain access to the heater housing.

From there, just unbolt the heater core housing (it's a 2 piece unit so be prepared to open your passenger door, pull the glove box, and start unbolting/screwing things from the inside as well), replace the heater core, and reinstall.

It's a good chore to do it with a stock car - I believe some have reported up to 10 hours of work.

Got some shots of the inner fender so we can see if there's an easier way to do this??

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

Brian .
 Thanks for the advice   for now I'm just bypassing it .
 Now I am concentrating on changing the Oil pan gasket . thinking that I have to remove the engine to do so and if I'm gonna do that then I might as well have it rebuilt since its gonna be out .
 Ran a compression test on it the other day and got 120 all the way around . healthy I think .but alitte tired .

Offline dodgeram106

• T/A
Yes you can change the oil pan gasket while the motor is in the car.I did it on mine,remove the motor mount bolts,fan and the distributer cap maybe the whole distributer for more room and jack up the motor..........hope it helps.......

Offline John_H

I LOVE the wheels on this car. I have been trying and trying to find a set but have had no luck. Nice find and nice car.

Offline dolfan13

I like it.I would make the front tires-rims the same size as the back.

Offline crazyd_wv

• Yellowbird on cardomain
I too prefer the factory body lines.  However, I do kind of like the pro street look you have going on.  But like others have said... needs the marker lights on the sides.  Just prefer for other people to be able to see from the side after dark. Aside from that... looks good man. 
David
1980 Firebird Yellowbird 
Just rolled over 35,000 miles
Numbers matching
301 & TH350 Trans

Offline xxcody2gunsxx

Well since everyone wants something to cover the space on the side front . i will use that space "Your name here"
lol.
 want some advertising ? send a decal or two and I'll slap it on the blank spot there on the front sides ..