Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 692029 times)

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #1485 on: March 15, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Welcome to 78TA.com, Axel f!  We look forward to hearing more about you and your car.  I think you are our first poster from Finland! :) :) :)

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1486 on: March 15, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »
Hi.  I ship quite a few parts to a great guy in Finland.  He has a sweet black Firebird with a Pontiac 350. Picked up the car in California, he said.  I told him to check this site out as it is very good on restoration info.  In the pics he sends me, he also has a few motorcycles in his garage ;)
Hello, Aki, glad you joined up. 

-yeti
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:38:29 PM by kentuckyyeti »

Offline Axel_f

« Reply #1487 on: March 15, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »
Visit here some times and kentuckyyeti say this is nice place so thats why is registered here. Looks like i have much to read here.

ps. thanks kentuckyyeti

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1488 on: March 15, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »
 ;)

Offline P-Js_BLKBRRD

« Reply #1489 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:31 AM »
Hello - We found the main site a few years ago when looking at buying our first T/A.  It was a lot of help then and we're happy to see the forum now (don't know how we missed it before!).

We bought "BIGBRRD" from its original owner in the fall of '04 and drove it straight to a storage facility so didn't get to enjoy the car until the spring of '05.  Found then out it needed a lot more TLC than we first thought.  Rebuilt both the front and rear suspension, replaced the entire exhaust system, and had the radiator rebuilt. 

Then we decided to have the "Minnesota Cancer" looked into.  Took the car to a body shop in June of '06 for what we thought would be a 3 month project.  But it is STILL THERE...!!!  One thing led to another and in the process the 400 got pulled and spent the winter of '06 in our garage getting partiially torn down, throughly scrubbed, repainted, reassembled, and put back in the car last summer.  It is getting close to being repainted now and hope to have it all put back together in time for the CarCraft Summer Nats in St. Paul this coming July.  (keeping fingers crossed on that...!!!)

btw - "BIGBRRD" is a '78 with the Pontiac 400ci, 4 speed manual, Hurst t-tops, and gold snowflakes.  Originally Starlight Black with the black velour interior we're keeping the interior the same but going with an even blacker black (if that's possible) on the exterior. 

Looking forward to getting it back on the road again...!!!

Patty and Jim
"BLKBRRD"

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #1490 on: March 16, 2008, 05:15:54 AM »
Welcome to the FORUM guys!!  ;D

I must admit i searched the site before " stumbling " across the forum and i havent found my way out since!
Its a great place to be and before anyone else chimes in, we all love piccys no matter how bad or good you think you car is / was.
Its a great place for information too and the people are very very helpfull. ( remember my fan guys? ). :'( ;D
See you soon!
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1491 on: March 16, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »
Welcome Axel f to the 78ta family.  Glad to have you aboard and great lookin ride.  Lookin forward to getting to know you!
Rich

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1492 on: March 16, 2008, 08:16:38 AM »
Hello Patty and Jim.  Welcome to the best T/A site on the internet :)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1493 on: March 16, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »
Welcome P and J to 78ta. If you've even glanced at this site you'll know that we love pics, so post some up of your poncho when you get a chance :)
Rich

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #1494 on: March 16, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »
Welcome to the T/A party Patti and Jim but let me warn you, it quite infectious and addicting!  ;D

I must admit i searched the site before " stumbling " across the forum and i havent found my way out since!

I'm suddenly picturing the recluse Howard Hughes with stringy long hair and a beard......Sir English glued to his chair and can't seem to pull away from the computer (let me out, let me out).  Little does he know his boss has fired him and the wife and kids have left him.  :o  ;)  ;D
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline pointman

• Ohio Firebirds Member
« Reply #1495 on: March 16, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
Welcome to all the "new" TA lovers! This is a great site with really nice people!
Gerrit VK

78 Gold SE Y88 400 auto
79 Black 403 auto
86 Fiero SE V6
07 H3 Hummer
04 GMC Safari

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1496 on: March 16, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »
Welcome to 78TA.com, Patty and Jim!  Post us up some pics when you can, and we look forward to hearing more stories about you and your car! :) :)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #1497 on: March 16, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
Welcome to 78ta, Axel f... Patty and Jim. Glad you found us.  :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1498 on: March 16, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »
Welcome Axle and P&J.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #1499 on: March 16, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
Welcome to the T/A party Patti and Jim but let me warn you, it quite infectious and addicting!  ;D

I'm suddenly picturing the recluse Howard Hughes with stringy long hair and a beard......Sir English glued to his chair and can't seem to pull away from the computer (let me out, let me out).  Little does he know his boss has fired him and the wife and kids have left him.  :o  ;)  ;D

HOW ON EARTH DID YOU KNOW? mate i peed myself with laughter!! im off to buy a special car so that no one can hear my conversations!
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )