Author Topic: John? This is for you, & to the rest of this group (speeding/accident tickets)  (Read 3543 times)

Offline ta collector

i have had only three speeding tickets,and one accident ticket,but the first speed ticket i got i lost my license for 130 days,when i was 17,and after that i have been pretty lucky,and have watched my speed,so only been ticketed for 5 over a couple times.
1967 firebird
1976 Trans Am 50th Anniversary
1979 TATA
1991 Trans Am GTA
2002 Trans Am Collector Edition #1358
2008 G8 GT
1972 Chevy C/10

Offline coreyvett

I have had multiple tickets for screeching and squeling of tires, 3 were in a chevette, 1 was in my 80 camaro 396 with 2 450 off road holleys on a tunnel ram, 1 in my 79 403 T/A , 1 in my 4x4 chevy ( smoked all 4 35 mudders and busted front shaft) 1 in my wifes 85 T/A. 2 speeding tickets in the chevette, 1 in 97 mustang, 1 in 85 T/A, The worst was in the 85 T/A is when DOT stoped me for doing 60 in a 55 and wrote me for crack in windshied, speeding, license plate not mounted on front of car, no seat belt, no insurance card, air freshner hanging from mirror, tire tread to low, and driving on a suspended license due to not paying a previous ticket on time,3300 in fines only had to pay 200. I got a bunch of writen warnings. a lot of them where for truck lift to high and they kept writing some for tires being to wide on the truck but they could not show me any law on the how far out my tires could be and the truck was 1/8 inch under legal highth. The funnyest one was an officer wrote me one for illegal transportation of a open container. I was running 90 in a 55 and I had a taped 16 gallon keg in the passenger seat ( I was not drinking ) of the 77 vett ( left over from a party the night before and was taking it to a cook out at a friends house). some for illegal lane usage on a icey road ( wich was a bull crap warning) Ive got them for excessive accelaration, speeding ,seat belt and about anything you can think of. They tried to get me for mudding in the local fields in my jeep but I was smart enough to wash the jeep off before i went home. The only ones that make me mad are the ones I get for the bike, I allways get them for load pipes, ape hangers to high, excessive accelaration, illegal lane usage ( no turn siginals but i use hand siginals and illinois cops will still stop you). Only accidents if had are hitting a deer in a S-10 ( the deer won that one) and I put my 76 buick lesabre in the paris illinois lake in high school ( not all of it just the front half). I have been ticket free for 2 years, you know its getting bad when the traffic court judge knows you and calls you by your first name. I blame it on growing up watching smokey and the bandit and dukes of hazzaed.  YEEEE HAW
1981 formula
1950 dodge wayferer
1953 plymouth cranbrook
2000 silverado
1993 springer
1927 dodge brothers
1967 lemans

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
1. Tickets
      A. Left of Center
      B. Speeding
          a. 85MPH in a 35 MPH (NC)
          b. 105MPH in a 55MPH (WV)
      C. unsafe movement (NC, doing doughnuts in a bank parking lot after hours)
2. Accidents
      A. Left of Center (Road too narrow for two cars and went around a sharp curve and met another car head one, My dads boss at the time).
      B. Roll Over (passenger in a 79 Granada 2 Door that went over an embankment, total roll overs 5.)
      C. Failure to Maintain Control ( fell asleep at the wheel after not sleeping for 2 days)

Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline bluebyu64gp

Zero tickets ever, one accident (not my fault) wiped out in my 93 Mitsubishi Mirage by a Volvo Semi truck at 60 MPH plus on I-5 Sept 2008.
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
at 16 I backed into a mail box and my buddy said just go, not the greatest idea.
then a month later taking off and burning out infront of a cop (careless driving)
then I got one for speeding another month later

at the age of 18 I got one for doing 65 in a 45...took 2 city blocks to hit that speed from a dead stop. took the cop a half a mile to catch me. (77 cutlass supreme with built 455)

at 19 I got failing to stop an assured distance (rear ended someone for checking out a girls behind on the strip at the beach)
then got a no seat belt ticket a month later
then a sound amplification violation 2 days later
then a violation of basic speed law for going 1mph over the speed limit by a cop that then stalked me.
then the next week got 4 of them from the same cop as he followed me home by hiding behind buildings etc. (he had it out for me that day? and i was getting more and more short handled.
that got me a misdemeanor could have been a felony.
yes for a loud car stereo
then that summer got about 5 more no seat belt tickets from that particular officer
then got pulled over from him several times for my window tint.
at the glorious age of 22 I got a ticket for ride height (too low)
then at 24 I got a speeding ticket 5mph over
then failing to stop an assured distance (rearended someone again) girl pulled out of parking lot to hurry and stop to turn into another one and yet it was somehow still my fault
then the following week I got pulled over for 5mph over again
from that point on, I slowed down and played it safe and stopped speeding no matter how much my boss got on me about time.
finally at the age of 26 I got a ticket for no seatbelt again as I just pulled out of a customers driveway and had not yet buckled up.

no tickets for me now in almost 5 years for ones that matter and 4 if you want to count the seat belt ticket.
alot of these were no points
such as seat belts and 5mph ones along with the sound amplification violation that was just a criminal record yes very stupid if you ask me.

DANG!! LOL
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
1. Tickets
      A. Left of Center
      B. Speeding
          a. 85MPH in a 35 MPH (NC)
          b. 105MPH in a 55MPH (WV)
      C. unsafe movement (NC, doing doughnuts in a bank parking lot after hours)
2. Accidents
      A. Left of Center (Road too narrow for two cars and went around a sharp curve and met another car head one, My dads boss at the time).
      B. Roll Over (passenger in a 79 Granada 2 Door that went over an embankment, total roll overs 5.)
      C. Failure to Maintain Control ( fell asleep at the wheel after not sleeping for 2 days)

OMG!!
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline tazweb

No tickets for me, 2 for my wife though.  Speeding and running a stop sign (both in her 4Runner).

3 accidents for me (2 minor and one major).  The most recent was last winter.  Turned from a cleared street to an ice covered one.  Looped the 4Runner (this thing is cursed) into the side of a parked car.  The major one ended up totaling my 90 Cutlass Calais, my very first car.  I was there when my sister bought it brand new.  That Quad4 was fast.
Yes, it is a 79 Y84 SE.  It's in disguise as a base T/A.

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
Let's see ... how many speeding tickets cited against my name or how many tickets have I paid?  I'm undefeated in court.  I've gotten off many times ... mainly due to lack of prosecution (officer didn't show).  I've corrected equipment violations and paid no fine or some minimal administrative fee - windshield, taillights, etc.

I've outrun an officer three times ... but it was just massive acceleration & a nimble quick turn or two when I saw them turning around to get me.  I was 16 ... yes, guilty, I was in a 4 speed Trans Am back in the early 80's.  I'm obligated to be a good boy now or my ability to retain my current employment will be lost.  The occasional ticket is fine but "reckless endangerment", "attempting to elude" or "major speed" gets me a trip to visit people I'd rather not spend time with.

Accidents - I had a truck take a left turn from the right lane ... I went partially under it and almost sheared off the blower on a Z28.  His fault but I did sort of whip around him once the 2nd lane opened up.  That went to court but this guy had 20+ accidents and other violations.  He really didn't check his mirror and admitted as much in court.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline 76ta4spd

• Yearning to see the open road!!!
I didn't mention my accidents earlier. Not too bad I guess. First one was a DUI in Iowa when I was 19. Rolled the Olds. There came the end of the street racing days. It was a pretty nasty accident but because I was drunk, I didn't have many injuries other than the small abrasions or bruises in usual palces. I roled her a few times. Don't know really how many exactly. All charges were dropped because the law could not actually prove I was drunk when the accident occurred. My story was that I got drunk after the accident because I was pissed off. It worked and I took the hint. I have never gotten behind the wheel with so much as one beer even. Heck I don't even drink anymore.
Second one was a rear end accident. My fault. Put my 82 Malibu under the bed of a 90's Chevy P/U because she slammed her brakes for no apparent reason and I had no where to go. I think I was scammed. Rebuilt the front of the car with all new sheet metal, replaced the windsheild, had the V-6 rebuilt and had primer painted on the front, only to blow the brand new engine rebuild because I did not break it in right.
Before she blew, I got rear ended by another motorist. A mercury Sable ran into me while I was sitting at a redlight behind a minivan. That was the only one that landed me in the hospital with some torn stuff in my neck. After the Sable hit me, a Ford Super duty hit her. The big ones. I think they were made in the early to mid nineties or something? They were really long trucks. She got sandwiched between the two of us. I had to pull her and one of her kids out through the window before the EMTs got there because they were bleeding and didn't know what was wrong with them. She was screaming help. After EMT's got there, they made me sit on the sidewalk because I didn't know anything was wrong until they showeed me with a mirror. The occupants of the Sable and the truck turned out just fine with only very minor injuries thank God. My Father in Law drove the Malibu home unbelievably. lol It blew up about 3 wks later from two thrown rods through the oil oan.
Had a head on on a residential street because a Nissan Pulsar came over the tracks at about 40 and I was making a left turn into my trailer park with my whole family in the car. Everyone was just fine. We were in an 84 Buick LeSabre and all it did was bend the right fender at the bottom and bend the bumper some. Pulsar was destroyed and thier little boy hit the dash because he wasnt buckled in.
Couple other small fgender benders but nothing worth noting.

James
Make an honest livin and treat people with respect. Everything else just happens naturally.

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
I'd heard that's the way to beat a DWI accident where you total your own car.  Run into a bar.  That might be hard if you're bleeding profusely ...  LOL.  I don't drink and drive - neither should anyone reading this (all past sins forgiven ;))
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
By the sounds of some fof you I need off the road

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
majority of mine was before age 30.
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
to many to count
She's a Winner

Offline AmFan

• Love them Pontiac's
Never got a speeding ticket - ever.
1990 Formula was backed into in downtown Pgh as I was at the doctors.  Hit and run.
Got stopped for running a red light about 10 yrs ago.  Typical reaction - "It was yellow officer, I swear."  I lost.  :)

tom
1978 Trans Am
Bought April 2001
Restoration: 2001 - 2004
Summer enjoyment ever since

Offline Balz

ive had...

1. excessive noise with tires and/or exaust a long time ago maybe 03 or something
2.speeding-72 in a 50 in 07
3. oui- in 05- blew a .19 did 2 days in jail for that one.lost licence for 3 months
4. oui- in 07- blew a .14 did 7 days for that one- the speeding ticket went with this oui..lost licence for yr and a half..still aint got it back yet tho..darn state and there ways to get money from you..:(
5. possesion of drug paraphinalia-in 07. along with the speeding and oui..it was a pot pipe..it was dismissed in court...it wasnt mine i swear...;)
thats about the height of my criminal record..i have since quit drinking completely..it aint worth it..i love cars more than i like getting drunk.its been almost 2 years and no drinking..now i just gota pay out the a** and take a undisclosed amount of couciling for my drinking problem(with is non exsistant now..)but they make you go thru it anyway...i guess if you play you pay...i aint saying it wasnt my stupidity and my own fault i just thinkthey could be a lil easier on you when i come time to get it back...:(
If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun!!!

1997 Dodge ram 1500 SS/T- 5.9 liter- 1 of 3711