Author Topic: worst pet experiences?  (Read 9770 times)

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: worst pet experiences?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 07:40:42 PM »
I guess I have 3 that I can't choose between. Back when I was in my apartment. (The same one where the manager had my '78 T/A and my bike hauled away forever.) I had a Cockateil named Harley-Quill. I came home from work one day and found her dead in the bottom of her cage and on the counter next to it was a notice telling be they had sprayed for insects. I had gotten no notice from the management about it coming up and they knew I had a bird. Needless to say I went over there and shouted across the office full of potential tenants, "You "f"ing "b"! You had your exterminator come in and kill my bird!"

Then after I moved to NH I got myself an Alaskan Malamute named KC. He was such a great dog. But one day he had some kind of attack. Almost like epalepsy. (sp?) I honestly didn't know what else to do. He weighed almost as much as I did and there was no way I could get him into my truck at least until he came out of it. He died while I was trying to hold him.

Then not long after that I got a female Malamute. Her name was Cali. Again, as with most Mals she was a big sweetie. But she loved to get into things. (She's the one I had to pull about 20 Porkupine quills out of the nose of. ::) ) I came home from work (again ) and she was choking on something. She finally coughed up a sock she must have gotten out of the hamper. I thought this was the end of it, but then she started to get really sick and refused to eat or drink. I took her to the vet and they x-rayed her and found another sock balled up at the outlet of her stomache. They got her into surgury but she died on the table.

Larry