Author Topic: BEWARE from an Ebay seller  (Read 6074 times)

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
Re: BEWARE from an Ebay seller
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 09:28:14 PM »
Do the CC route.
No need to call the cops.
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »
The ebay time limit is definitely a problem for overseas transactions. I've had items posted directly that had various delays and then got lost in the mail before turning up and missing the deadline, but more often than not larger items like bumpers or wheels and similar bulky parts I get sent via container, takes 2-3 months with a few weeks on each end. Very cheap but slow and the ad disappears before you recieve the item, have trouble even checking what you were waiting on. And yes, I've had a few items packed very badly and damaged by sellers, never damaged by handlers, and nothing you can do about it but pay the fees and add to bin. I should have contacted Paypal direct since the ebay contact had been lost, and you can't even leave bad feedback as it's too late.

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
Paypal claims can be filed, dont use ebay to file a claim go direclty to Paypal and file a claim

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »
Well
Pay Pal didn't answer me either - I was a little bit surprised, but anyway. I just will give up.
The new parts for the engine rebuild just arrived together with a new performance camshaft. We started putting the engine together, so I will move to the other subjects where I will write about the finish of the restoration of my car.
Regards

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »
Yeah you only have 45 days from purchase to file a Paypal claim, I just got burned before  xmas on a book
I bought , I bought a bunch of them for my son and didn't realize one didn't come, when I went to her feedback she
had 3 people saying she stiffed them too. I contacted her directly through email and was not pleasant, so she refunded my money.
 I almost leaned that the hard way.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
Well that rules out many international purchases straight away. If you have to get larger items shipped it can take 3-4 months, longer if they keep stalling or looking for other parts to include.

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 03:52:18 AM »
Yes you are right, so people like me always have to bear in mind this when we are buying something from the US.
Anyway, very soon I will add some photos of the rebuild of this engine that I bought from this ebay seller.

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:07 AM »
The best thing for international buyers is to find someone on here , or you know or trust, who lives in the country where the item is coming from. Have them buy it and send it to you.
 They are less likely to be ripped off, I just had guy in Russia make me an offer on a shaker. I would like to see his car.
 I am sure someone on hear could have found a decent running 400 for him or rebuildable one at least.
 Thats the nice thing about these forums , I may need to order something from Bulgaria one day.