Author Topic: 76 Pro Street T/A XtrmeTA  (Read 49884 times)

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: 76 Pro Street T/A XtrmeTA
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 04:17:48 PM »
are those led tail lights ? if so how did you do those ?
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »
are those led tail lights ? if so how did you do those ?

I have the LEDs to put in them. I havn't done that part yet. I made the tail light housing out of fiberglass. I have a 24" LEd to mount inside of it.
76 Pro Street T/A, 8-71 Supercharged 454 Big Block Chevy, TH400 full manual. S&W Race Cars Super car rear, 4 link setup with coil overs and 4:56 gears.

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
Ive seen alot of cars with big numbers that arent given " a proper roasting! "  Its a real shame that they get built to show and not driven, to me its pointless i built mine to be driven and it will continue to develop ( as the banker, wife, allows ).

8 miles? jeeez uve only just started it up!
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
Like I said. It's a brand new car. It's to bad the summer is gone. But next year I can tell you it will get driven. Thats what I built it for.
In the beginning it was just going to be a mild around 500HP driver kind of car.
I'm not really sure what happened along the way. It turned into so mush more. :)
76 Pro Street T/A, 8-71 Supercharged 454 Big Block Chevy, TH400 full manual. S&W Race Cars Super car rear, 4 link setup with coil overs and 4:56 gears.

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
Like I said. It's a brand new car. It's to bad the summer is gone. But next year I can tell you it will get driven. Thats what I built it for.
In the beginning it was just going to be a mild around 500HP driver kind of car.
I'm not really sure what happened along the way. It turned into so mush more. :)

Thats the best way!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
You can never have enough power my friend!  ;)

1979 Trans am.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »
Thats the nice part about the Supercharger. I up the boosth to 12 to 15 and have well over 1000HP when ever I need it.
Of course I don't ever see the need for that much. :-\

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 12:46:35 PM »
Thats the nice part about the Supercharger. I up the boosth to 12 to 15 and have well over 1000HP when ever I need it.
Of course I don't ever see the need for that much. :-\

Apart from making me feel VERY jealous, too much power? i did know of a chap that had an ex drag engine in his chevvy putting out over 1000 bhp, he thought it would be fun to take it to his local pub.
When he went inside the landlord told him that if he ever drove the car in there again hed be barred for life!
Apparently it shoook all the glasses off the shelves!  :o

Id so love to supercharge or turbo mine, but i need to find some more monies! Oh and id have to lower the compression, shes running at about 10:1 at the mo.

1979 Trans am.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
I have a friend on mine who just finished building a twin turbo small block chevy. It dynod at 2435HP. :o
His 70 Camaro was already running in the 8's and he wanted to go faster. He's a Doctor so he has the money to play.

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »

That's kinda what happened with my old '78. Got to a point where it was impractical to drive and when money was tight impossible. That's why I have set a limit and am going to stick to it with the new one. It will be just enough to whoop up on anything on the street here.

I have a friend on mine who just finished building a twin turbo small block chevy. It dynod at 2435HP. :o
His 70 Camaro was already running in the 8's and he wanted to go faster. He's a Doctor so he has the money to play.

I'd love to see the build up of that! :D
Larry

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »
2435!!!! f me! that must have taken some serious amounts of money! thats something id love to see!

1979 Trans am.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »
2435!!!! f me! that must have taken some serious amounts of money! thats something id love to see!

I'll see if I can get some pics from him. The turbos on the thing are hugh. They look as big as the motor does.  His Camaro has a RS nose on it and he routed the air intakes right through the front where the turn signals would be. The car is insane.

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
Cheers bud that would be cool!
Ive been looking at twin turbo set ups and doing alot of head scratching about me own car, some say a blower is better and others turbo, each has its pros and cons.
Blowers do have that lovely belt wine sound though! ;D

This is a home made set up on a 350 sbc. albiet single turbo.

1979 Trans am.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
Yes that blower singing when you drive is great. Everytime you drive by somebody it gets there attension. I just got home from it's second drive. I went for a 10 mile ride this time. I figured I venture out alittle farther each time. No problems at all. Drove nice.
I was worried about it running hot with the blower because they tend to do that. It never got higher than 175. It was a bit cold though with the targa top. It's getting cold here in the great northeast. I going to keep driving it till the first snow hits. I have plenty of jackets to wear. ;D

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »
Cool, glad to hear you had no problems! ;)
I would imagine it does get plenty of looks, do people keep looking in their rear view mirror? :o
I find over here ( UK ) the ricers and Subaru drivers just move over for me!

1979 Trans am.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2007, 07:03:18 PM »
I took a couple of pics today of the nose in paint tilted up and the motor.