Author Topic: Original Or Not  (Read 7419 times)

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Original Or Not
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
Just don't say anthing about my mother.......  ;)

:D :D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline LeighP

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
Well, I've seen Georges 74 in person and I like it.....those L88 hoods were the same as Motion Performance used to use...looks tough....real 70's streetmachine. :)
Regards,
Leigh
1971 Pontiac Firebird 455

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »
I noticed the hood too.  At least from the side, it gives the car a great look.  Was that a bolt on? or did the hood require some modification to fit?  These cars were really designed beautifully.  That side view demonstrates the beautiful lines.  The car looks fast.  Cars don't have the great lines anymore....although the Tesla is interesting.  There are some things I like about it and some things I don't.

Offline WarbirdTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 05:00:55 PM »
Don't worry Hitman,
I would never say anything about your mother.
Well, except that she dresses you funny at times. ;) ;D
I understand your point, but to me, if I post a picture to show someone something, I sure don't want to see people posting how much they hate it. And cutting down one of my cars.
I am trying to help someone.
You can check my posts, I don't slam anyone's cars.
And I sure wasn't attacking everyone.
I just got mad at the people slamming my car.
That is personal.
And I can't help but take it that way.
I look at it this way.
If you don't like it, don't buy it.
If someone you know is thinking about buying something, then I don't have a problem with someone pointing things out.

ta78w72,
The hood is what is called a bolt on, however, Chevy Camaro hoods have a bolt in hood latch.
Firebirds don't.
So, this one doesn't.
I bought a set of hood pins, and placed them directly into holes already stamped into the radator support.
They are bolted both top and bottom of the thin support.
When placing the stock hood back on, you just unbolt the pins, and everything is back to stock with no damage.
Then, I cut holes into the hood for them to "pop" up through.
I have the clips wired to the bottom of the top of the radator support the same way, going out throught the front grilles.
They then "clip" throught the pins.
No more hood "flying" off into the air (as happened before with "flush" mount pins).
When I park somewhere I don't trust, I put on small luggage brass locks, to make it hard for someone to get into the engine bay.
Leaving the "clips"  stuffed into the grilles.
My girlfriend wanted a mean looking car, her "Hot Wheels" car, as she calls it.
For awhile, she was driving the car with 1984 15th Anniversary Trans Am Recaro seats mounted, but when we moved out here, I pulled them, and put them into her '91 Firebird.
She got a really bad habit driving that car.
She got a lead right foot.
Besides going through right shoe faster than the left, she also for some reason seemed to go through rear tires pretty fast.
One good thing though, she got home faster from work! :o ;) ;D
Man, I thought I had "kills". ::)

George  8)

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 11:16:26 PM »
Goerge for what it is worth I enjoy all your stuff ,and the stories behind them that is what makes it all very interesting. The things you learn from somthing different.
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix