Author Topic: Y88 four speeds?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline T/A Tommy

• T/A
Y88 four speeds?
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
Got a question for all you 4 speed knuckle heads  ;D... Did the Y88s EVER come 'special order' with the 455? Or come special order with no stickers, and or Bird Delete?

Thank You,
Tom Jr

Tommy

1978 L78 Y88 Gold Edition
1978 L80 Y88 Gold Edition

Offline Gold79ta

• Adv. Member
Re: Y88 four speeds?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
Don't know about the bird or decals but you could not get a 455 in 78

Offline T/A Tommy

• T/A
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
Thought so... Thank you

Tommy

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »
correct 76 was the last 455.  and the t/a came with all the decals except the hood bird. the hood bird is an extra. 

so really the hood bird is not a delete.  but if you have the bird its a add on to the sale of the car.

Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong..............
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
The moron at the Pontiac dealer never told me about the bird add on.  I bought a Formula mainly because I didn't like the bird on the hood.  If I knew I could have gotten a trans am without the bird I would have been in.  I tried to buy a Formula four speed.  The sales guy laughed at me.  Not in California. 

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
The moron at the Pontiac dealer never told me about the bird add on.  I bought a Formula mainly because I didn't like the bird on the hood.  If I knew I could have gotten a trans am without the bird I would have been in.  I tried to buy a Formula four speed.  The sales guy laughed at me.  Not in California. 

I would of laughed at him and left.  I heard if you bought the car from another state you could bring it to California and registered it.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »
There is life out side of California!  I love the chicken but not on mine, I go birdless!
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »

I would of laughed at him and left.  I heard if you bought the car from another state you could bring it to California and registered it.

You can but if it has less than a certain amount of miles, it needs to be a 50 state car.  So, you couldn't bring in a new 49 state car. 

Besides, it was a company car.....didn't cost me a dime.  That's the way you do it....get your money for nothing and your chicks for free!

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
That's the way you do it....get your money for nothing and your chicks for free!

Isn't that why California is bankrupt?  People getting money for nothing.  I don't know about the chicks being free   Ask Arnold about that  >:D

Offline T/A Tommy

• T/A
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »
correct 76 was the last 455.  and the t/a came with all the decals except the hood bird. the hood bird is an extra. 

so really the hood bird is not a delete.  but if you have the bird its a add on to the sale of the car.

Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong..............
LOL i thought so, But maybe i was left out about a 455 being added to the production line. I was on the phone with a guy down in NC about a y88 four speed and he goes my uncle bought this car brand new back in 78 he was the only one to ever get the 455 with the y88 edition, it has a original Muncie trans4 speed. IT HAS NO DECALS WHAT SO EVER, he goes. I was like what is this guy on?!? But thank you to everyone for clearing this up!

Tom

Tommy

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
That's the way you do it....get your money for nothing and your chicks for free!

Isn't that why California is bankrupt?  People getting money for nothing.  I don't know about the chicks being free   Ask Arnold about that  >:D

Kentucky's  state and local debt as a percentage of GDP is higher than California.  Kentucky also has double the amount of food stamp recipients as a percentage of population than California.  Kentucky state and local debt per citizen is higher too.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »
Plus no Wine, but they have Moonshine!
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »
Plus no Wine, but they have Moonshine!

No wine, but they have some great Bourbon.

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
I was just joking.  I've read on here (and posted some too) several jokes about Kentucky without having to qualify/defend our red state. I didn't realize that Arnold jokes were taboo. 

Kentucky's  state and local debt as a percentage of GDP is higher than California.  Kentucky also has double the amount of food stamp recipients as a percentage of population than California.  Kentucky state and local debt per citizen is higher too.

Percventages are nice, but a bailout requires dollars, not percentages. Ky debt = 47 billion.  Cali = 370 billion.  And a state with 4 million food stamp recipients costs a lot more than a state with 920,000, no matter the percentage.  The difference in personal debt is only a few dollars.  Most people would call that amount even.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-kentucky-debt-clock.html

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:18:00 AM by kentuckyyeti »

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
That was my point.  The debt is about even when compared to the population, but Kentucky is slightly higher.  Debt is normally expressed as a percentage of GDP.  You can't simply look at food stamp recipients in a state without considering the population of that state.  But I'm not saying California is problem free.  We have some really big problems that are going to get worse if the people don't wise up and toss the liberals out of office.

Arnold jokes?....Arnold is a joke.