Author Topic: my dream car  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Frode_skj

Re: my dream car
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
Congrats on a very nice car :) Have a blue 81 Turbo T\A myself (project )
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
Thank you Frode, Tonight I am installing a stereo. Somewhere along the line someone yanked out the original and along with it the wiring harness. Anyone that knows which color wire is for the ignition would be helpful. I know the yellow one goes straight to the battery and of course the black is ground. The speaker wires and colors would be helpful also, not necessary cause if all else fails I will run new wires for those. Thanks in advance.
4Saken

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »
Hey man i saw this jacket online and thought of your car. http://megathailand.com/product_info.php/products_id/533 pretty cool :)
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
Thanks Nathan, that is a very bad a** Jacket. I will probably be getting i for Christmas. ;D
4Saken

Offline GPlover74

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »
O would that jacket would be sweet with my car. I am pretty sure my wife would not leave the house with me if I wore that jacket or pit crew shirt.  Still sweet looking. If I didn't have so many parts I want to buy I would seriously consider it!

I like the blue and blue as well but the blue decals really pop on the black cars.

Good luck with the stereo, I will be pulling mine in the next couple days (CD player is broke). I bought a fairly inexpensive JVC with a USB port...hoping I can figure out the wiring.
1979 400 4 speed

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
Stereo went in great. I went old skool with it. Someone along the line wrecked havoc on the wiring so I went ahead and wired from the radio: yellow wire to battery, red wire to ignition, and also blue memory wire to iginition. then I ran all speaker wires to radio and ran the amp wires nothing is seen and all sounds awesome. Good luck with yours if all else just do what I did and then you know you will have it correct and not have to worry bout it. 8) ;D
4Saken

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »
Good to hear. My car is without a radio for now. I don't really mind though. The sound of the exhaust is all I need to hear ;D
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Normally I would say that too but for some reason the exhaust on mine is really quite. That of course will change with time. Right now I'm working the kinks out of him. I just replaced the fuel pump and fuel line next I'm gonna rebuild the Carb. After everything is worked out of him from sitting that long then I will get new exhaust and some chrome tips. First I have to fix my body damage. That will happen this Feb. Will be nice to see a straight car once again.
4Saken

Offline GPlover74

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:52 AM »
I got my CD player last night so hopefully this weekend I can try getting it installed. The PO had an aftermarket system installed back in the early  90's...I am hoping it won't be a cluster! Normally I would say the same thing about the sound of the exhaust...told myself that for about a month. Unfortunately I have a few squeaks in my dash and my fear is that if I don't have some tunes I will tear apart my entire dash trying to fix EVERYTHING ;D
1979 400 4 speed