Author Topic: 1978 Esprit Rarity???  (Read 44 times)

Offline 78Esprit

• Referrals: 0
1978 Esprit Rarity???
« on: November 06, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »
I have a 1978 Fire bird Esprit and I am curious if the car by any chance is rare.

it has a 305 chevy 2bbl 3spd and a posi traction diff. The color is Martinique blue with blue cloth interior. The car has the spoiler and split exhaust pipes. It was ordered with the 15x7 snowflakes. No a/c, no power windows, no tilt steering. it has a full size spare in the trunk with 40 year old air still in it. wood grain dash and Rally gauges! The speedometer and odometer is in kilometers because this is a Canadian car. Built in Norwood. If any other information is needed i can try to provide it. I haven't found the build sheet yet. I have never seen another Martinique blue esprit other than 2 i saw on the internet that were in bad shape and i haven't seen one with the rally gauges. Thanks!

Offline Aus78Formula

• Adv. Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 1978 Esprit Rarity???
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »
Not at all common by now, everyone wanted a TA and many Esprits became TA wannabes in the next 40 years. Sounds like it still has a few options, although luxuries like A/C and power features were often seen in Esprits, whereas rally gauges, not so much. It would be the only one turning up to a car show.

As far as this table shows, 1978 was the highest production years for the Esprit, they are now uncommon for any year.

http://nookandtranny.com/ProNo_7081Firebird.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:55:37 PM by Aus78Formula »