Author Topic: Headlights not working on a 79' T/A  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Airforrest

Headlights not working on a 79' T/A
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:44:52 PM »
Finished a restoration not too long ago, when I first started to drive it the Headlights, and all other lights worked fine. Then all of a sudden the Headlights all quit working. The Parking lights, Flashers, and turn signals still work. Here's what i have done so far with no positive results. I have replaced the Highbeam switch on the Column, I have replaced the Headlight switch itself, and I have checked the ground connections at the Radiator support. When i pull the Headlight switch to the full on position, the directionals quit flashing, and the Flashers no longer work. Could the issue be with the turn signal switch in the Column? It would be very odd for all headlights to burn out at the same time. Frustrated........ :-(

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Headlights not working on a 79' T/A
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 11:44:20 PM »
Check your grounds. The smaller lights can find their own way, plus the flashers don't have a ground, but a massive drain from headlights could be one way. Also, are they Halogen? Did you add adaptors or rotate the wiring in the plugs or still factory?

Offline Airforrest

Re: Headlights not working on a 79' T/A
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
still have the factory connectors, and standard GE over the counter Halogen bulbs