General > General Discussion

Pontiac Motor Division 1975 - 1980 Options & Accessories Reports

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hitman:

--- Quote from: stage169 on January 25, 2022, 03:12:14 PM ---I guess Brett doesn't feel like the reports are valid.  Crazy after all these years.

--- End quote ---

I don't remember getting these files at all.

stage169:

Conversation opened. 12 messages. All messages read.

Skip to content
Using Gmail with screen readers
Meet
New meeting
Join a meeting
Hangouts
4 of 4
RE: New Form Submission from 78ta.com
Inbox
Brett Campbell <Hitman@78ta.com>

Sep 23, 2017, 1:48 PM

to me

Sure, what kind of numbers?

Brett Campbell

"Hitman"

Hitman@78ta.com

www.78ta.com

www.ohiofirebirds.com

Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 4:46 PM
To: Hitman <contact@78ta.com>
Subject: New Form Submission from 78ta.com

First Name

Brian

Email

brjackson77@gmail.com

Subject

General Question

I have some production numbers if you want to see them.

Brian Jackson <brjackson77@gmail.com>

Sep 23, 2017, 9:03 PM

to Brett

​I have this type of info from 1975 to 1980.  I'm sorry I just quickly looked over your site and noticed where you asked.  If you have this info already my bad.  I can fill in the blanks better if you are interested and you are welcome to the reports that I have.  Brian

Sep 24, 2017, 3:54 AM

to Brett
Here are some more.  I think this should give you the Blue, Red and Yellow FB numbers.  Factory documents and some have cover letters.  CB radios, Canopy Cordova top there is a lot of info in these reports. 

Sep 24, 2017, 5:23 PM

to Brett
W60 might be the Skybird?

Sep 24, 2017, 6:10 PM

to me

Those are interesting… I have read through some of the later ones and the numbers do match up to what I have, but there are other questions on some of the other numbers they have there. Like for the 1977 numbers, it has “thru model units”…… is that only thru a specific date of 1977? I would be interested to see what is on there that can verify numbers and dates. How many of these pages do you have with cover letters and everything?

Brett Campbell

"Hitman"

Hitman@78ta.com

www.78ta.com

www.ohiofirebirds.com

Sep 24, 2017, 7:22 PM

to Brett
From my understanding (each division was a little different) these are the final reports.  GM production was a September to August calendar year.  The 75 - 76 report says "Final" and shows thru August.  The 76 - 77 report has a column thru August and then again thru 1977.  I know of some years that went past August for Chevy but I have very limited knowledge of Pontiac's production runs.  The 78 - 79 report has the same thru columns but it looks as if the production stopped in August.  The 79 - 80 report shows thru September so maybe 80 went an extra Month. 

The first report does not have a cover letter but all the others are dated mid September but the last which is Oct.  For all the answers you will get I'm sure there will be questions too.  The Pontiac reports that I have (1975 - 80) total 103 pages.  As far as verifying, these are Pontiac factory documents so whatever numbers they show is what it is.  Having said that sometimes the question is just what are they showing.  I'm a Buick guy so I've spent my time researching that info so I'm sure you will be able to pull out much more info with these than I ever could. 

Here is the 77 cover letter.

Sep 24, 2017, 7:57 PM

to me

Can you put all 103 pages in a PDF file or zip file?

AttachmentsSep 25, 2017, 5:17 PM

to Brett
See if this works, zip made it smaller.  PDF stayed the same.
Attachments area

AttachmentsSep 25, 2017, 5:21 PM

to Brett
Attachments area

AttachmentsSep 25, 2017, 5:23 PM

to Brett
Attachments area

Sep 25, 2017, 5:29 PM

to Brett
Last one is over 25meg, I'll have to split it up or Google wants to put it on their drive.  Let me know you got the others ok and then I'll split the last one up. 

Brian

Sep 30, 2017, 5:46 AM

to Brett
Brett, hopefully you have been able to see the reports I sent?  If you want the last one let me know.

Maxthe222:
This stuff is excellent!!! Where did you get these! How has no one properly documented these numbers!

stage169:
Pontiac donated a ton of info to GM Heritage after 2009.  I lucked out asking right at the time they found the production option totals.  Stumbled into this site and thought "hey they might like to see this"   :)

Maxthe222:
Have you got anymore of these documents? I assume there is none for colour, but any more Firebird specifc documents? I've downloaded a bunch of copies and sent it to as many people as possible to get the info out there, you have it for the earlier years too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version