Author Topic: pontiac transam/fbird why do you care about these cars so much  (Read 30985 times)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
pontiac transam/fbird why do you care about these cars so much
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »
i care about all of the sixteen cars i have as of 11/10/08 and getting bigger in #s by the day because i love the f body/ the pontiac transam/firebird and i cant say no to save just one more ask my wife  she tells me no and i buy it any way  transam dave hudson  florida  34667
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:57:22 PM by transam dave »

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
Re: pontiac transam/fbird why do you care about these cars so much
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »
Because at one time they were the BADDEST American car made, bar none.

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline rad400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:56 AM »
x2
Conrad
79 Trans am 400 t400 3500 stall #12 heads holley 750 vac carb. Torker II intake 3:73:1 gears 12 bolt rear.

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »
i like all cars f bodies hold a special place in my heart as my first car was a camaro.
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline humanmachine

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:47 AM »
Its a known fact that chick dig them. They are a chick magnet! Awesome performance and its a beautiful car. One of the best cars ever produced. Its got style. Its got power. Its got me in the driver seat.
Are friends Electric?

Offline Crazylock

• 1979 Pontiac Trans-Am 403 auto
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
My first ride in a muscle car was a 76 T/A...it was my cousins. he smoked the tires clear into 3rd, i have been hooked ever sence...and i KNEW my first car would be....the legendary T/A
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some muscle.

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
Why do I care about these cars so much?  It's an emotional issue, more than anything else.  I can go faster for less money and have more amenities (XM radio, GPS, heated seats, better AC) than I can in a TA, but there's that emotional connection that's missing.  I suspect it's the same with about everyone. ;)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
these are all very good reasons to love the f body  im sure there are some more good stories out there  transam dave  florida

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »
Why do I care about these cars so much?  It's an emotional issue, more than anything else.  I can go faster for less money and have more amenities (XM radio, GPS, heated seats, better AC) than I can in a TA, but there's that emotional connection that's missing.  I suspect it's the same with about everyone. ;)

Lets not forget the sound of a PONTIAC 400 running at full honk with the carb wide open ;D

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline stimpy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
love thw looks from the mean I am gonna eat you look of the 70-73's , the I go fast  look of the bastard years 74-76 , the new for the time style of the 77-78's  But I am not a fan of the coalbin shovel look of the 79-81's  , but they all still looked better than the moostangII  pintos of the 70's  and the generic interior and blah!  styling of the 73 up camaros, and even a stock firebird with wide tires looked menancing on the street , the same size tires looked stupid on a camaro as they hung out of the body ( almost a deflated pacer look ! ) 

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »
cool that is what i am sayin   transam dave  FLA

Offline Z1

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »

Thats right .. Its what i had as a kid ..Its about a funner time...Smokey and The Bandit was the first Movie i ever went to see indoors...and it was with my big brother who had a 79 camaro and i was already crazy about cars..and it was just the coolest thing...still is!

I remember in High School the TA and Camaro were always just the baddest coolest best looking car , Ya know it just made kids crazy to see them it was a real passion ..I dont think you see that passion anylonger from high school kids , Oh they may enjouy the cars but there was a real passion back then. and everyone seemed to have it, somewhat
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:15:11 PM by Z1 »

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
First car and still have it .After 26 years

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »
z1 that story really touched my heart i know the feeling i get since i had a love affair with these cars since before i could drive  transam  dave  florida

Offline TA78

• Pioneer Valley Firebird Association
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 07:36:32 PM »
Why do I like the Trans Am? Well, they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words.....So here's 2,000's worth.....................enough said

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:39:00 PM by TA78 »