Trans Am Photos > Restoration Projects

My next project (once my '76 is done) '78 Macho T/A

(1/4) > >>

logikfive:
Well here she is as I picked it up on Monday. Originally Mayan Red with gold stripes, WS6, tan lombardy interior. Don't know much else about it yet, as I need to get all the paperwork rolling for it.

Anyway, on to the dirty pictures:

It has alot of surface rust on the undercarriage, but it's incredibly solid.

This is the only proof based on looking at the car that it is really a Macho T/A. I talked to a guy in Utah (who collects them) about it and he verified it, but as I said before I need to get the papers rolling to know for sure.

RENOVATIONS:
Looks like a nice solid build.
 What indication of a Macho am I overlooking in this last pic?

As bare as it is, it's closer to complete than my '77 SE when I picked it up. ???

Good luck and keep us posted

rkellerjr:
Did you get a motor and stuff or just the shell?

and I agree with Jeff, what is it in the pic that indicates it might be a macho car?

Rick:
"Dirty" is right!  It looks like it has some real potential, although the gas tank positioning is unique!  :-\ :D

logikfive:
Ok, here is a picture of a silver with black striping Macho. I know it isn't much, but you can see the secondary color how it is painted up to the ridge in the doorjam. Unless it's some sort of special "custom" paint scheme (which I can't see it being as it only has 2 different layers of paint/primers on it) I take it as being a sign of it being a real car. I understand it isn't 100% a good reason to call it one, and that's why I'm ordering the papers to tell the full story.

That's just how I bought the car, too. I paid a little more than I wanted to, but I couldn't pass it up. The fuel tank is that way for convienient refueling!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version