Author Topic: Y84 interiors other than tan  (Read 1015 times)

Offline algershick

Y84 interiors other than tan
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
Hello, maybe not the best place for my first post but ah well.

I was recently on the hunt for a second gen Trans Am and found a smoking deal on a 1979 WS6 car that's been completely disassembled, primered with all body work complete. The car has PHS documentation that I'd gotten from the owner's parents which states that it is a Y84 optioned car. The car's cowl has been replaced with a new piece and the cowl tag is missing. This coming weekend I am going to pick up the rest of the car, which consists of every panel/nut/bolt plus basically a complete brand new interior ordered through Classic Industries and a few other vendors. I am REALLY hoping that I am able to retrieve the cowl tag, I believe the owner would have saved it considering how meticulous everything else has been prepped and restored up to this point.

I've read that different color interiors were available with the option. Does anybody have any photos of some Special Edition interiors that are any color OTHER than camel tan? I'm interested in seeing how it looks and flows with the exterior of the car.

Thanks very much!

Austin
Austin

1979 Trans Am Special Edition
Olds 403/TH350

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
Re: Y84 interiors other than tan
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
Well black and tan are the only ones I've seen but I've never head anywhere that those are the only ones you could get.
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline algershick

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
At this point I'm assuming it was a black interoir originally based on the parts that I received with the car. I know that's not definitive, but I think that the cowl tag will confirm it. it looks like at some point in time a previous owner attempted a color change and never completed it; I have a brand new blue carpet that's still rolled up in the original shipping box. I also have a set of 15x8 Snowflakes on the car in beautiful condition, with the exception that the insides of them have been painted blue also.
Austin

1979 Trans Am Special Edition
Olds 403/TH350

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »
I've seen black and gold T/A's with red interior before. Not an SE though
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-