Trans Am Information > Suspension

Missing Brake Bracket on Axle (77 Trans Am)

<< < (2/2)

Wallington:
A few extra pics, not that great. This is the adapter plate version, regular version with single crossflow muffler simply bolts directly into the tab bracket. The two prongs support and locate either the hose or the bracket, but often broken off or cut off?!

Firebird diff brake line dual muffler bracket by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

Firebird diff brake line bracket dual mufflers by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

IMG_2362 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

IMG_2369 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

Diff powdercoated mockup3 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

Diff 241 Posi 8 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr

BigBird1977:
Thanks for all the info and the pics.  Looks like I will need to get a "current" bracket, hammer and bend, and weld a new one on....

Always something when working on them....but we would not do it if we did not love them.

Thanks again....

b_hill_86:
Those are great pictures! I hadnít seen that extra bracket before. I should spend more time digging through my manuals

Wallington:
Looking at your pic, BigBird, the bracket would need to go roughly where that spotwelded bend over tab is. I'll have to look up a few more pics to see what that is, unless you are able to see a mounting locating where it once was.

I found a few more variations of the already posted diagrams. Also, one that showed the mounting bracket located off the diff cover bolt hole, but being in the 1972 Manual was likely a carry-over from the 12-bolt diff diagram, similar to the link Brian posted. You know that yours is likely the original rear and a 10-bolt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version