Author Topic: Anyone used "Classic Parts Wholesale"????  (Read 4509 times)

Offline 1973Formula

Anyone used "Classic Parts Wholesale"????
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »
Thinking about buying a OER dash and console from them......

Their website doesn't say much about them.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Anyone used "Classic Parts Wholesale"????
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
What is the website link?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:41 PM »
#1 dash does not exsist AKA No one has it in stock so do NOT pay for soemthing not out of tooling.

#2 Hollar at us as a PROUD 78TA SPONSOR we can cut you a discount and will save ya some green over the other guys!

More then happy to help if ya like (trying to save ya heartache on that TA dash too as many companies will gladly take your green but the dashes are still in China
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
Actually the dash does exist.  However, I'm not sure how long the waiting list is.  There was a thread at TAC that went over the fit for it.

The console is available but doesn't fit quite right.  You've got to monkey with it to get it in right.  But it does look nice once you get over the frustration of getting it installed.....but I'd rather have a nice original one.

Offline 1973Formula

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:46:58 PM »
Here is the website:
http://classicpartswholesale.com/store/home.php

And here is the eBay store:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/classicpartswholesale

I am happy to make a sponsoring vendor purchase.  I would like to buy a dash and complete console from the same place.  I have seen others post about using one of the repro dashes including pictures of the installed repro dash.  Somebody had some for sale at some point.  They may be waiting on a restocking shipment as Classic parts Wholesale told me it would be a couple of months for a dash.  Consoles are available now.  I am just trying to plan out my purchases.  I prefer to buy as many items as possible from the same vendor and minimize my transactions.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
Tom,

OER produces both units (Dash and Console) in Oct / Nov of last year OER released 100 of the dash boards to various companies and individuals, they did this to get feedback on the units. After receiving feedback they took the unit back into tooling. The dash board uses 12 different sections in the structure. AKA not like the Camaro unit which is a hunk of material the TA dash will have the plastic liners. It is going to be some time still (AKA don't hold breathe) we have a bunch reserved to us so believe me the second they come on the market we will be on the boards letting folks know. (We get calls everyday)

I do caution ANY ONE from "Prepaying for the unit" from any company as OER is not requiring vendors to buy then in advance. If you have prepaid a company for one, all you have done is given that company operating capitol and are  paying interest for another company to pay their bills.

---------------------------------------------------

On the center console we can get you the bare unit or a fully loaded on assembled for you (Out of the box and onto the car) We can even re-dye the unit for you a service none of the other companies offer.Give us a ring and we will be happy to help!
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
I'm glad I wasn't one of those people that got the first short run of the dash.  They should have released that information and offered to take the units back if the customer wasn't satisfied.  Well, for all I know maybe they did.  I know that dash was in the catalog long before any deliveries were made.

They ought to retool that console too.

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:41:20 AM »
I was one to recieve one of the "prototype" dash units. I still have mine and its even installed. Considering what my original dash condition and the budget I was working with I was thankful to have gotten one. As for fit I was rather impressed with the over all fit with the exception of the gap between dash and side windshield only trouble area I encountered was the radio plate area. If a person were to mount the original radio the shaft holes were a little to narrow, but that was corrected by using a dremel to open the spacing a little more but the opening for the face plate was right on for a factory unit. I was going to install a factory unit but I had my mind changed ( unit was removed from my wife's Vette for a update but she didnt want it to be used ). Now the gauge cluster area was Right on.. everything fit perfectly like the original. as for the grain... I thought it was a little deeper on the original but taking in consideration the original was 30 years old and severly dried out its going to give a deeper appearence.

Original Dash with cover

Original Dash uncovered

Restoration from OER (Classic Industries)

Gap at top of dash on OER. Used a small piece of left over headliner material to fill in. it has been currently repositioned for a cleaner look than pic.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:09:26 AM by rarebird »
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
Hey Brett they are running X-cart also, I just got my sister set up with X-cart using the same template.
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820