Trans Am Information > Restoration

Rocker panel


Been changing rocker panel out on a 76 trans am. I've noticed a red silicone like substance between the inner and outer rocker pinch welds. Just curious if anyone knows what it is and how they welded the panels together with it in the seams .

More than likely you are just seeing a seam sealer.
Scrape it out and re-apply after the repair.

A thick section of red oxide primer from body dip?

It's a seam sealer of some kind... I found it as well between the tail panel  and trunk panel where the bumper bolts go . It's like a silicone that never went hard

78 Firebird body Seam sealing scans11 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr


[0] Message Index

Go to full version