Author Topic: 78TA Forum Suggestions  (Read 9453 times)

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
Re: 78TA Forum Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2022, 05:33:20 PM »
Any plans to improve upon the home page with all of the info on engines, codes, that sort of thing? Not mobile friendly as it is now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:37:13 AM by b_hill_86 »
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed hardtop

Offline slayer7

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2022, 03:28:27 PM »
Late to the party and haven't done much posting as I just started my TA project a few years ago which has been slow going but have found lots of valuable info on this site. Hope it continues, especially with the recent loss of TA Country which also used to have priceless historical info. Hopefully, a viable solution can be worked out. Thanks for all your efforts thus far!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2022, 04:32:07 PM »
But what exactly is the loss? The ability for a newbie to simply google it, come here and then go? Or the hours of running back and forth uploading and checking info for someone who never replies? The poster doesn't get anything out of it and when they ask a question it just rots. And now this forum will also go that way.

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2022, 12:36:47 AM »
But what exactly is the loss? The ability for a newbie to simply google it, come here and then go? Or the hours of running back and forth uploading and checking info for someone who never replies? The poster doesn't get anything out of it and when they ask a question it just rots. And now this forum will also go that way.

I don’t disagree man but it’s better than Facebook. I have to believe eventually people will realize FB isn’t the way to find the best info ESPECIALLY after the amount of poor or limited advice I’ve seen. It’s sad really.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed hardtop

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2022, 12:50:45 AM »
Absolutely, FBook is terrible. I don't use it other than to be able to contact ppl who only advertise there. All the people who would never contribute an answer on a forum all of a sudden can give incorrect answers on FBook and abuse anyone who corrects them with proof.  I don't understand why there's a difference, it's as simple as typing an a msg and hitting send.

Offline Tammy

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2022, 08:26:48 AM »
I also am one of those who hasn't logged in for while. Life and new business kind of got in the way.
 I agree with the suggestions. I need to get more active as I've gotten back to working on a couple of my cars.

Have to agree! 
Thanks for keeping this going.

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2022, 10:47:00 PM »
"staff that doesnt bully you" ??   LOL.

"i have been a member here for a very long time, since 2006 & was a lurker a couple years before signing up... i have never seen the "staff" bully anyone or be anything but professional & polite."

I agree 100%.

I know at times there were some users on here that got "Butt Hurt" over others comments and then took it to the extreme.  But it was nothing that couldn't have been worked out with some maturity.  A lot of them have left but there are still some that come on here and make worthless comments to try and stir up more hatefulness. 

Do what you need to do to keep this site active, Hitman.  Myself and others are willing to help you.  This site has too much information to let it go.  There are some great people on here that give awesome advice and will help you with any issues.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:49:31 PM by wheels78ta »
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2022, 11:37:02 AM »
Thank you all for the input. As far as the size of the Database, it is not in attachments, I have those saved in a separate folder on the server. The size is really located in Search Words (to be able to search the Forum), Messages (which is all of the posts), Errors (which I gotta figure out how to dump that), Topics, and then sizes going down from there (see attached photo). So deleting the members will only shrink is slightly. Getting rid of the old posts in the For Sale sections and such will help the most as well as deleting personal messages (maybe). So I will start getting rid of old stuff and go from there to see what I can drop down to size wise.

As far as donations..... The website costs me $40 a month, but I want to switch to a provider that takes it down to $14 a month. In order to do that, I need to shrink the database size which was the reason for this post. I appreciate the offer for donations and I tried to do things like that in the past, but it never works out well and I do not feel right charging people for information. So I will keep this free as best as I can.

I will start making some changes, but I assure you I will not get rid of the important information that is contained in this Forum.

Thank you all again for your support here over the years.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »
You are  appreciated
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »
I would think personal messages seems like an easy one to let go.  Whoever has personal messages on here that they want to keep they can just copy them into a word document on their personal computer. 
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
Real information is here.  On FB, ask a question ad an hour later it is buried under tons of miscellaneous posts.  I don’t use the FB sites.  I should go there on occasion, but I just don’t even think about those sites.  I’m too old, I guess.  Hanging onto the past.

Offline OrangeCrush79

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2022, 08:04:47 PM »
I guess it would be alright to delete those members that haven't signed in for 10 years, heck even 5 years is too long. I have found your site very helpful in getting information to restore my 1979 Trans Am. Other members wrote in with their expertise on many aspects of electrical problems I had in the past with my car. I found very useful the schematic and where to get the parts for the relay system for power windows. My windows now go up and down rapidly. Thank you for this website and forum and keep up the good work.

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2023, 02:37:57 PM »
Maybe staff that doesn’t bully you.   That’s why I started my own forum.  I see the same staff here. Nothing has changed

And how's that going for you?  LOL  ;D

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 02:40:43 PM by wheels78ta »
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2023, 12:08:37 PM »

Real information is here.  On FB, ask a question ad an hour later it is buried under tons of miscellaneous posts.  I don’t use the FB sites.  I should go there on occasion, but I just don’t even think about those sites.  I’m too old, I guess.  Hanging onto the past.

I agree, you see something on FB, leave and come back in an hour, and you can't find it. Forums are indexed nicely and you can find stuff easily, without using the search usually.
Rich

Offline wrall1

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2024, 10:55:05 PM »
Not sure if this falls under the same realm, or if the changes in hosting was made.  I did try to click on the a number of links on the 78ta page, not the forum and they did not work.  I believe these were under the information tab.  i.e. leaning seat fix, seat covers, headliner and others.  Could these be fixed or is that, lost?  Still lots of good information on the site.  I haven't been on the site in awhile but have a renewed focus on working on my project.  Thanks.