Author Topic: 78TA Forum Suggestions  (Read 9497 times)

Offline cnj

Re: 78TA Forum Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 10:51:05 PM »
I haven't posted for awhile as my T/A project is on hold.  I still appreciate the site, and would be willing to donate to help.

Offline flashno1

• Gold Bandit
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2022, 12:08:04 AM »
Vamoose!! To those that never logged in....   The GoldBandit is Back!   

Offline mscicluna007

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2022, 05:13:13 AM »
I think the options you have put forward are fine.
It is a site you are managing and you have a great database so if you need to clean it up go for it.

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2022, 09:32:52 AM »
I haven't logged in in a long time... too many 60 hr work weeks, somebody has to pay the bills. I lurk more than post.  Do what you have to do Brett. I enjoy your site, hopefully you reaching out to us will remind us that the site is still here and we'll visit more often. I plan to.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:34:47 AM by blue81ta »
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline Ben

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2022, 10:08:04 AM »
I got out of the f-body and car business due to cancer so my opinion isn't relevant much, but I do read things from time to time! Definitely save the technical information and dump the unused sections like old parts for sale or user intros. The book of faces may be more popular but it is completely terrible when trying to actually get real information, forums like this are a critical resource and losing them (like when Trans Am Country lost its massive archives) is a blow to the community.

Offline Turboman55

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2022, 11:32:54 AM »
OK with me on both your suggestions, and thanks for keeping the forum going!
😎

Offline blkjack

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2022, 11:34:37 AM »
Time to trim the fat!

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2022, 01:37:27 PM »
First, let me state that I appreciate your commitment to the hobby.  As life goes on, lots of stuff gets added to our daily load (much without our permission) so it takes a lot to keep this going in the overall perspective of your life. I haven't posted here in a long time due to some of those same kinds of additional responsibilities.  I'm trying to get back as life allows, and I think I'm making some progress.

My vote is to keep the technical content and discussions as long as possible.  Facebook and other such social media are great for a lot of "current" events, but it sucks when it comes to looking back at what blue81ta did when he had that problem with his water pump.

The eBay stuff prior to a certain date (fairly recent date) could be flushed.  The other "for sale" or "wanted" content could probably be flushed if it were older than 6 months.  Basically, anything that's no longer relevant could be dumped to save space.

The small talk social stuff should expire after a relatively short period anyway.  That's the strong suit for other social media, but I think it has a place here for those who are so inclined -- but not to the point that it drives you to distraction or causes you unneeded expense.

So I approve of the proposed moves with the above qualifications, but I'm only 1 vote and the guy who holds the key vote is the guy who has to actually execute the plan (Brett)!

Finally, don't be embarrassed to pass the hat if it's needed! ;)

Offline RKD0110

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
Really appreciate the forum, I have gotten so much info here from the great members.

Offline T/A Addict

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2022, 06:24:14 AM »
Sounds like the perfect plan to start off with Hitman!
Jeff
2016 Victory Cross Country
2010 PCP Dodge Challenger
79 TATA
79 T/A Auto Solar Gold
69 Firebird

Offline Dark T/A

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2022, 12:36:51 PM »
I agree with the suggestion in the email, For Sale ads and WTB threads that are long dead. People can buy sell trade in the FB marketplace easier and more efficient than waiting on posts in a forum or just go to good ole ebay and set up alerts for parts you may need.

thank you for this Site
-Rick

Offline cor72vette

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2022, 05:26:46 PM »
I say eliminate the eBay listings altogether.  It's really not necessary.  As far as the For Sale page, maybe a fee for businesses that want to post adverts. Your forum has been very helpful to me with my '77 TA W-72. 

Do what ever you need to do!

Offline Bartman289

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »
Sounds good. Thanks for everything you do!

Offline patm95

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2022, 11:17:04 PM »
I think both of those are reasonable.  There isn't another site like this that I am aware of.  Keep up the good work.

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2022, 11:04:06 AM »
"staff that doesnt bully you" ??   LOL. 

i have been a member here for a very long time, since 2006 & was a lurker a couple years before signing up... i have never seen the "staff" bully anyone or be anything but professional & polite.   
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's