General > Hobbies and Interests

Multi Media Blaster

(1/6) > >>

JupiterBandit:
I just broke down and bought my own Media Blaster.

It Blasts:

Baking Soda
Walnut
Glass
Sand
and a few other things

I got tired of trying to get estimates to blast my Trans Am and when I did get an estimate it was $1,200-$1,500

So 4 bags per car at $25.00 + $80 in fuel. comes out to $125.00 material X Waste = $200 - $300 and 4hrs labor  This is much more affordable.

Now the funny part. The media Blaster is about $9k the compressor is $20k, not having to trailer my car and be ripped off, Priceless!!!!!

I have 2 Trans Ams and 1 Mustang to do so I figure I'll recoup some right there. After I've done my cars then I may do friends and neighbors, who knows.

Any one here who blasts that may have tips, I'd love to hear them.

I bought a Problast CRS machine and a Ingersol 185CFM

gilbertsta:
wow! nice equipment!

gilbertsta:
my brother has a shop, but he farms out the media blasting.

pancho400cid:
Wow dude... you don't screw around!

Does the equipment mnfr offer any guidlines?

Sorry, but I don't know anything about it except that you now have more than enough power to royally screw up a car... which I'm sure you realize.

OTOH - other people, most likely some of whom are not a smart as you, do it with success.... so learn the tricks an go for it.  Try it on a junk car first to learn how without overheating / warpage.  Once you master blasting, you could probably get enough side work to pay for the equipment... but dude!  Ya shoulda gone for the wet soda blaster.

Hope it goes great!

JupiterBandit:
Thanks.

Go big or go home right?

It has wet sodablasting nozel. I'm going to practice on the donor car I bought. I don't want to mess anything up. I'm also going to watch as many youtube videos as possible plus the manufacturer has a whole instruction book and videos too.

This will be a lot of fun. I hope

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version