Author Topic: Trans Am for sale!  (Read 4180 times)

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:23:38 PM »
Well the time has come to part with my 1980 Trans Am, this car is sweet and my baby the last 6 years, I'm the second owner. The original owner worked for Motorola and this was his leased company car that he purchased at the end of the lease. That matters little since the 301 was removed for a 77 400 with 6X heads, very strong motor, it was dyno tuned at Chucks Speed Center and was pushing a little over 330 HP. Tranny is a Turbo 400 with a shift kit in it will bark the tires shifting in second gear. It is an automatic.

So why am I selling? Well, I bought a 2007 Mustang GT this past Thursday with everything on it and I have no room in the garage for my wifes BMW.

I have roughly 15k into this Trans Am and its basically a new car, has a few little things I had planned on doing like changing the gears from 3.08 to 3.73 and it has T-Tops so I would probably put in sub-frame connectors for more stability overall. I didn't do it because I didn't want to rip all the new interior out, I didn't think the interior was going to need to be removed to do this. The dash could also use a cap or if you have better access than I did a new dash, it has a crack or 2 but its still very presentable and has a dash mat that covers the spot shown. I was hoping one day to find a dash on ebay or to send it to justdashes but didn't want the car torn apart for 3-4 months and obviously the cost was a factor as well.

The TA has brand new paint, I haven't had it color sanded yet because I wanted the paint to get cured, paints about 6 months old, and frankly it doesnt really need it, but to get an absolute brilliant shine color sanding would set this car off. Its decal delete because I didn't want to add decals until I had it color sanded.

Thought Id offer here first before putting it on Ebay. I would prefer for ebay not to make a dime on my car!

If interested you can call me, Joe 602-971-3338

$9500.00 FIRM this is a steal, no rust ever on this car, even heater core never caused any floorboard issues period. This car has been a California and Arizona car its entire life.

Paint is White Pearl with Dark Blue interior all redone from Year One.
All new weatherstripping as well.

More photos upon a called request.

Car comes with many extras. So if you buy it youll need a way to get a console, rear METAL louvers in perfect condition another steering wheel home, the wheel in it currently is almost perfect I paid 450.00 for it 2 years ago. Will included about 5 books regarding Trans Am history, many extras.

Every thing has been replaced or redone, all suspension, tranny, engine, brakes, Koni shocks, EVERYTHING! New windshield EVERYTHING!! 2.5 inch exhaust with Flowmasters. If you want a TA and want it for cruising and enjoying this is the car for you. Should be ZERO disappointments, if you drive it you'll buy it. Also added the WS6 Close ratio steering box, car handles excellent. Window trim front and rear have been professionally restored and look brand new with no pitting, they are perfect.

This car has been my obsession since I bought it and you will know that when you see it, its really a beautiful TA. This really is the truth of my loss your gain. Its making me sick right now thinking it wont be in the garage someday. However the new Mustang is also sweet and if you haven't driven one I highly recommend taking one for a test drive the Mustang GT hauls a**! I'm serious it frigging is an awesome car for the money, with a few minor mods this is a serious muscle car with a factory warranty.

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »
Interior Shot shows dash, its as clean as it looks. Tach moves as it sits, once key in ignition it resets to zero. Pioneer stereo with 400 watt amp. Has Pioneer 6x9 in rear with factory speaker covers. No holes cut anywhere in the vehicle for any speakers!! Also notice the floor mats, which are new, also comes with another brand new in the box set. I think I got these from the Hitman. As normal clock doesnt work, second hand moves but thats it. Youll also note the place where the 8 track or map pocket goes has been customized. I bought like 10 map pockets off ebay and none fit so Im clueless what was here but this looks really good with the Flaming Chicken. Looks almost stock if you didnt know what was suppose be there. I also have a 160 MPH speedometer that works fine and goes with the car, I was waiting til I decided what I was going to do with the dash before taking apart to add it. An 85 MPH speedo is a joke in this car, easily pegs the speedo and beyond.

Love this photo, reason Im selling TA sorry so limited but its raining here in PHX and my toys dont go in the rain! This photo does the Stang no justice, but what you cant see is this Mustang has the Shaker Scoop, not the fake one on most Mustangs, this has the hole in the hood to make room for the Shaker Scoop,  gotta love that!

Our 1998 V12 750IL BMW once costing $111,000.00 is sitting in the rain. I also have an 2006 Hummer H3 sitting beyond the garage door as well.
So as you see somethings got to give. Aint no junk in my house thats for sure, Im a car freak and someone wanting one of these TA's will do back flips when you get this one!

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »
So no ones interested? I know its an 80 but it will kick the crap out of most T/A's unless they are modified to the hilt?

Offline Solar78

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:55:23 PM »
I would man.. but you are waaay outta my price range right now.
But nice ride!
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »
I hear ya Solar78. I'm surprised actually that there isn't that much interest in this car. Doesn't look good on the future Ebay sell. I do have an advantage though because if I cant sell it for what I'm asking my wife has no choice but to let me keep it, that wouldn't suck either!  :D

My deal with her for the Mustang was Id sell the T/A.

Offline Solar78

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
NEVER SELL A PONTIAC FOR A FORD MY FRIEND!!! hahaha

Good luck I hope you get to keep it.. nice car!
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
Believe me I know, but I saw this Mustang and took it for a test drive and when I spun the tires in 3rd gear I knew I had to have it. Love having a 5 speed. Took it to Vegas from Phoenix this past weekend and hit 135 without breaking a sweat and still had more to give, I got a little cop nerves. Car needs no breakin period other than not keeping it at a constant speed for prolonged periods, that was easy to do. Averaged 25 miles to the gallon to boot!

Offline TAluvr

Trans Am for sale!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »
Ok well thanks for looking thought Id try here first, seems to be no interest here. This car will be listed on ebay in the next few weeks. I'm also waiting for a few cars to drop off there. Believe me a lot of absolute junk gets big money on ebay, me selling this for $9500.00 is a smoking deal, sure wish I could have found a deal like this when I was looking.  This isn't ment to be a collector car this is one you can drive and enjoy! Runs like new!