Trans Am Photos > Trans Am Photos

Snow in West Texas

(1/2) > >>

dblhh:
We awoke this morning to a nice snowfall in West Texas. By this afternoon the sun was shining and all the snow had melted, but I took these photos of my Trans Ams while they still had snow on them.

My 1977 driver that is covered until the weather gets better.

My 1979 project.

Zulu:
That has to be an odd sight. I remember only one snow fall in Texas (not quite that much) when I was about 5 or 6 years old and living in Killeen.

dblhh:

--- Quote from: "Zulu" ---That has to be an odd sight. I remember only one snow fall in Texas (not quite that much) when I was about 5 or 6 years old and living in Killeen.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I've lived in Texas all my life and we don't always get snow but we'll usually get a little bit at least once every winter. This three-inch snowfall came on a day that nothing was predicted by the area weather stations, while over the weekend they had predicted the "largest snow event for this area in recent memory." Instead we got about half an inch of freezing rain Friday and Saturday followed by half an inch of snow. I'll take the snow over the ice any time. Here's a photo of the ice on my 16-foot trailer (notice the Pontiac wheels 8) ).

Rick:
Yeah, that's the first thing to grab my attention.  Those are the same wheels that came on my 84 TA -- still got 'em, but they're on my 75
TA now. :?

cal30_sniper:
Thats about how much we got down here in Ozona. The last time it snowed here I was in Junior High though. What was really fun was trying to get all the ice and snow off the windshield with no heater and no defroster. Nobody's ever even heard of an ice scraper down here. Should have taken some pics, but we were out of school and I was enjoying my time off. It sure was pretty though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version