Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690687 times)

Offline dad78ta

Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 01:54:26 AM »
Hello all.

My name is Scott and i live in Mississippi, I am 39 and i have a 78 Gold Edition all numbers matching with the ws6 package and the w72 motor.

I bought it on ebay and shipped it here from Miami, It was in good shape when i bought it with no rust and even the AC worked and still does, I repainted it back to solor gold and had the tan custom seats redone.

I must say it is the nicest TA i have ever had and i have had 3 other second gen TA.

I have been a TA nut since i saw Smokey and the Bandit in 1977.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 07:26:49 AM »
Welcome aboard Scott. Sounds like a hot TA. Post some pictures. We love that sort of think here.
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline dad78ta

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »
Quote from: "Tin Indians Rule"
Welcome aboard Scott. Sounds like a hot TA. Post some pictures. We love that sort of think here.

I would love to but i do not know how to post pics.

I would be glad to email them to somebody if they wanted to post them for me.

Offline 78TransAm

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 02:10:37 AM »
My name is Mark Haynes, I am from Warner Robins, GA. I am a moderator over at www.transamcountry.com.

I own a 1978 Trans Am that I am 2nd owner of and have had for over 15 years. I am also restoring a Cameo White 1974 455 Trans Am.

My hobby is 2nd Gen Trans Am's and look forward to meeting many other enthusiast. :D I usually attend STARS and The Trans Am Nationals.

I have a beautiful wife Stephanie, a 3 yr old daughter named Macie and  we are expecting  a son in the next month.
Warner Robins, GA

1978 Trans Am
1974 Trans Am

Offline blackbird

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 09:00:50 AM »
Hey all, Jeff from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a 80 turbo TA SE, and a 80 turbo Formula at present and looking for more. I had a numbers matching 81 turbo TA stolen from my about 5 years ago (day before 9/11 actually). Had a 68 firebird when I was 14 (given to me by a neighbour) but sold it to finance a first vehicle which was running when I turned 16. SSSSOOOO I have been looking for another 68 here for a while. My wife tells me that I am at my limit for cars right now with the classic project cars. lol... always room for ONE more, right.....
Hope you all enjoy this site as much as I am.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
Quote from: "78TransAm"
My name is Mark Haynes, I am from Warner Robins, GA. I am a moderator over at www.transamcountry.com.

I own a 1978 Trans Am that I am 2nd owner of and have had for over 15 years. I am also restoring a Cameo White 1974 455 Trans Am.

My hobby is 2nd Gen Trans Am's and look forward to meeting many other enthusiast. :D I usually attend STARS and The Trans Am Nationals.

I have a beautiful wife Stephanie, a 3 yr old daughter named Macie and  we are expecting  a son in the next month.

Welcome aboard Mark. Glad to see your posts here as well as TAC. Finally, some folks from the South Gettin in here!

Offline 78TransAm

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 11:26:23 PM »
Yea, we have a few members from the south, but from all indication's if I lived up north I could probably find more car buddies. Seem's like I never meet car guy's around here. Maybe I just don't get out enough. :?
Warner Robins, GA

1978 Trans Am
1974 Trans Am

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »
It is nice to see that we have more and more people joining the forum from all over the US and the World.  Welcome to all.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 01:02:12 AM »
Mark, It's kinda funny you say that about the car buddies up here. I really think it's because of the life span of the cars due to rust. When I moved up here and folks at work found out that I owned several Trans am from the 70's they went nuts. Like WOW, REALLY, A 76, NO WAY YOU CAN'T OWN A 74 TRANS AM. They were just good old used cars in the south. I mean something to shine and work on. Up here they are like hens teeth! I really think that has a big part in it. Now that the 70's car are drying up and their value has shot up so much... everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. just my .02

Offline Magnum

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
I think youre right Tin, there has been a "renewed" interest in the 2nd gens. Personally I'm using it for inspiration to get to work on my own car. But I can remember even 10 yrs ago or so, there wasnt a whole lot of info or parts available. Also, the internet wasnt what is is now either. Only the people who had loved the TA's from the beginning were around and enjoying what they've had from the start.
Jason
'78 Y82 S.E. W72 4sp
longing 4 the road

Offline Maryland Bandit

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »
Hey all!!! Tom here checking in from Sykesville, Maryland. About 25 miles west of Baltimore. Currently own a '79 S/E clone. Working on getting a real S/E shortly.
I usually live on the board over at Trans Am Country. Good to see a cross over mix between board "neighbors".
Look forward to hitting this years Trans Am Nationals in Ohio and Trans Am Country Show #2 in North Carolina this October.
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am # 592
1979 Y84 S/E - sold

Offline evilways

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 12:58:46 AM »
Hi...Frankie here. I'm in Asheboro, NC...pretty much been here my whole life. Grew up on a steady diet of Smokey and the Bandit,Dukes of Hazard, and Knight Rider, matured to street racing and drag strips, re-matured to married and father.
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 01:10:47 AM »
Hey Frankie, Welcome to the board. Your description of your Life history was deju vuish for me? LOL  

To the others reading this.... Another Southerner! It's starting to feel like home here.

Offline evilways

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »
Yep...southern here...but am greatly out numbered...my wife is from West Virginia, father in law from Ohio, mother in law from West Virginia, and I'm the only one who doesn't have an accent....lol.At least my dog was born in NC.
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?

Offline Pro71bird

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »
Hello all.......... it's good to hear from you! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
George
1971 455 Firebird