Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397951 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #645 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »
The latest from Bob - he says he's his wife now, but the first person accounts kind of blow that lie.  I have never spoken with or e-mailed Erica.  I've sent things to her e-mail address because that's the only address I have other than the e-bay aliases, but they are always addressed to Bob. 

You have not bent in the least bit.  After seeing all the posts that you have been involved in, I can no longer deal with you.  You have twisted every word I said, you are totally unapproachable on the phone.  All you do is yell and scream.  You have threatened me for the last time.  I will no longer open your emails, answer your phone calls, or be emotionally blackmailed by you.  The first lie that you told is that we STOLE the money from you.  Your husband ordered a car.

Just so you know, this is coming from Erica.  I will not allow Bob to talk to you again.  I do not want my husband dropping dead of heart attack because the stress you’ve caused him.  He’s tried to reason with you, but you continue on your folly of ways.  You now must deal with the repercussions.  If this ends in court, so be it.  I’ll ride out the year or so it takes.

I am not naïve and know that you will post this either as whole, or in parts.  Again this will further back everything that I have been telling you.

Good day Mrs Thompson

Erica

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #646 on: October 10, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
Omg  wouldn't it have been easier for Bob just to honor the contract and pay you back ?

Offline tprater

« Reply #647 on: October 10, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
Yes but that would be like admitting he is wrong. And if you've noticed, bob won't do that.
You guys are heading in the right direction getting the media involved. It's really pissing me off that he can't pay someone back money owed. He won't do it because the contract you wrote up is way more specific on the numbers.

I really want to just drive out there and pay him a visit...

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #648 on: October 10, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
Carol, I can't believe he/she said after saying this in a previous Email.

Carol Thompson:
Your voicemail and politeness was the instigating gesture in this real and true proposal of a contract for a non-breach of contract refund. This will be notarized and legally binding contract to this affect by both parties involved. The terms will be a check for $3,000.00 will be sent Priority mail with a tracking number.

So Bob and Ericka  talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #649 on: October 10, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Flounder very good point

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #650 on: October 10, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
i think the PC term these days is "bi polar"

'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #651 on: October 10, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
Well I would say, if thats the way they're going to be....  SLAM THE SOB's OUT OF BUSINESS!!!  Obviously, trying to be civil with lying, cheating thieves is not working!  I'm sorry to say Carol, you may never see the money you deserve.
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #652 on: October 10, 2012, 06:41:14 PM »
Jim I hate to say it but I feel the same way . This is exactly what I'm putting up with my sister who was made executor of my moms will . One minute there seems to be hope and then all falls threw again. I am going to stop communication with her and let the lawyers duke it out . I'll probably be left with next to nothing from $175,000 but so will she .
To bad some peolpe just have to be so greedy

Offline tawidow

« Reply #653 on: October 10, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
Sorry, I know this isn't about cars, but Rainman's brought this up before and it's terrible.  The last thing you need when you lose your mom is sibling stupidity and greed.  My mom passed away last year.  There was no will and not a lot to split anyway.  Thankfully, the four of us siblings were all great with each other.    We never had one fight over anything except when my brother tried to throw out his toilet paper roll Christmas angel.  lol  - hideous thing.  Greed is horrible.  I hope her lawyers can talk her into reason.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #654 on: October 10, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »
Well I would say, if thats the way they're going to be....  SLAM THE SOB's OUT OF BUSINESS!!!  Obviously, trying to be civil with lying, cheating thieves is not working!  I'm sorry to say Carol, you may never see the money you deserve.

Unfortunately I think the Bob's of the world will find a way to con the "Flounder's and TA Widow's" of the world. It's what they do best and it appears that the judicial system has yet to figure out a way to stop the smart ones. Unfortunately it's not what you know but what you can prove in a court of Law. It's seems if a con artist ( like Bob ) does just enough while he is under the AG's scrutiny they will let him continue. Makes no sense to me. If a con artist has 35 customers that have that have unfinished builds how can the AG stand by and let this "person" garner more? I would think they should only have a certain percentage of unfinnished builds versus new customers but what do I know.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:25:03 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #655 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
Thanks for the post TAwidow . Sorry for changing the subject matter on the thread, I just need a shoulder sometimes lol
Life could be so easy , but nooo

Guys, in Canada I have seen companies go bankrupt only to soon reappear with a new name . I wonder if this  makes them unaccountable for the hole they dig with the previous bussiness ?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:11:49 PM by RainMan »

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
Too bad you didn't live in the same town as Bob does Flounder. At that point I'd have a very simple solution that you're well within your right to do...Park the car right outside their business with a sign on it stating that it was Bob's handiwork.

That'd put a crimp in his business model.

As for the flip/flop on TAWidow's predicament...we saw that coming right? I mean the guy isn't mentally balanced as he can't even decide if he's cleaned house by firing all his employees or if his crew is up and running now stop. Unbelievable.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #657 on: October 11, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Perhaps Erika and bob and one in the same and the man suffers from a split personality.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #658 on: October 11, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Perhaps Erika and bob and one in the same and the man suffers from a split personality.
Lmao!  Omg that made me laugh for some reason .

Hey Brian ,good idea but I don't think parking a TA outside of Bobs shop is going to help much , as his victims are mostly online I suspect . I think you guys are doing about all you can via the Internet .

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #659 on: October 11, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
Rain, I think your right about the internet being Bob's playground. That's why my car goes up EVERYTIME he advertises a T/A.

There is a chevelle up now by restoguru and if I had a 67 chevelle I'd put that up too. I feel the ONLY way to effectively stop Bob is to take away his bread and butter and that's Ebay. We know Ebay is not going to do anything substantive about Bob.
 They did sanction him for shill bidding ( which he blamed on someone else) but they only did that when WE( 78TA.com) strenously brought it to their attention. As you see Bob has stopped posting his phone number. Again that was US (78TA) being vocal about it that caused that to happen and yet he is STILL there. WHY? Because that is his biggest source of victims,PERIOD!

While I can't stop him from advertising on Ebay I CAN certainly make it harder for him to do bussiness. Now. If the Ebay trans Am section were full of cars like mine I think it would have a greater impact on Bob but now Ebay has taken ads down that do not genuinely express an item for sale but they seem to allow "customers" to ask any question they like. That, in a nutshell, is the way ( as I see it) to get out the word about Bob.