Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398698 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1170 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »
I spoke with the governor's office and was directed to a voicemail!

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #1171 on: February 13, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
He's an old scammer, and old guys like that know their rights and know how to screw people.
 Dont be surprised when he pops up again, or somewhere else.
 I dont know how much the local PDs really want him. After this long it doesn't seem like they want him to bad.
 It seems a personal law suit and lein on his property would be better.,
 I bet he has it all worked out.
 My dad lived in NC and he said a GUN, was the solution
There needs to be Build a Bandit website, they are not going to do anyhting to him. Your banging your heads against a wall

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1172 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »
I spoke with the governor's office and was directed to a voicemail!

Flounder, you have 60+ people. Organize a call in! Pick a call in day and then have everyone of those 60+ people call in asking the Govenor to call back. If there is a vetern among you use the fact they were a veteran. I would do this once every 3 days until you guys get a call from the Govenor. Email the other news stations as well and let them know about the call in.

Good luck to you. Remeber: It's the squeakiest wheels that get Bob thrown in jail!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:31:35 AM by JupiterBandit »

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1173 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Just joined the site but I have been reading for months about Bob and Build a bandit. I too have been a victum and shame on me for waiting so long to speak up, but I guess like others, I was hoping this nightmare wasn't true and I would wake up and would have a beautiful TA sitting in my driveway. As we all know that's not going to happen. He has had my money since June of 2011 and I sat back and waited, no more I have made the phones, sent the emails and filed the forms if there is anything else I need to do please let me know. Also I spoke with my accountant and he told me on your taxes (at least in MA) you can file a fraud claim.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1174 on: February 13, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
seaglass - don't you need a settlement first?  I suspect that must of us will be looking into it too.  Having everyone calling in is a great idea.  I think everyone is on board now that Bob has stopped pretending to work on cars.  As of yesterday, he hasn't filed for bankruptcy yet. Call the police or NC AG's office to confirm for yourself.   I'd bet he's still hoping for this to all blow over.

BTW - That rumor about Bob getting caught trying to get rid of cars wasn't true.  The reliable source's source wasn't reliable.  Be careful what you believe even when it comes from people you trust.  We all know that too well.

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1175 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »
Tawidow I'm not sure  I would have to look into it, and btw sorry for your loss.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1176 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »

There needs to be Build a Bandit website, they are not going to do anyhting to him. Your banging your heads against a wall

Ahem...there is. It's www.build-a-bandit.com. The problem is that it was setup by a group of individuals who thought working with Bob would get them their cars....even if it meant that others got pulled into Bob's schemes in the process. That site used to have a bunch of warning comments on it to steer potential victims, as that's really what everyone is at this stage, away from Bob. Those comments have been removed the last I checked - very sanitized now.

Now if you go over to the facebook page for build a bandit, setup by the very same individuals I mentioned above, you'll get a different view of things...for now, until they decide to rip down those comments as well.

This site is perhaps the best source of information on Bob so let's keep it civil and hopefully we'll eventually get to see a story where:

A. Everyone fleeced gets their money back, gets a car along with partial refund, or gets a fully restored car that exceeds BAB's low standards.
B. Bob et al is convicted of a crime and sent behind bars for a very long time.
C. The very crew that has been saying "Work with him instead of against him" finally sees the light that all they did was rope more victims in for Bob.

Personally, I bet B happens but it'll take a long, LONG, time. The original thread on these builds was going for 1+ year before Flounder and then TA Widow stepped in.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1177 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
George- its scary to think you probably would have gotten nothing if you didn't pick up your "Near Complete" restoration before it was ready.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1178 on: February 13, 2013, 02:20:04 PM »
You mean the "Near perfect example" that Flounder had? Only 1-2 weeks away from completion? That his very negative comments began the downfall of poor BAB, caused him to lose out on a number of certified parts that were purchased for his very car but Bob held for ransom in exchange for Flounder's silence?

Nah....say it ain't so....Joe ;)

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1179 on: February 13, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Your right, if I had waited I probably would have gotten zippo. Instead I'm blessed with this.

http://www.allmusclecars.com/payneta.html.      Pictures of the seats installed should be up in the next few days

Offline dingles

« Reply #1180 on: February 13, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
Bob was not arrested. I had someone pull the info a little while ago. Just his past record showed up.

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #1181 on: February 13, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
Hey guys wanted to jump back in here now.. I did take down the posts on the site due to the post getting out of control. Glad to go into more details some day but the site served many purposes. It did get 3 of us our cars. Your post keep it from being a place Bob would send prospects. Since he is done now, and I got tired of managing so much name calling on the site between the people posting, I took all the post down. But that is why I left the facebook up. It is easier to maintain. I will report more on my car and what it takes to get it drivable when I know more. But 3 cars did get delivered. Not sure what I will do with the BAB site..

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1182 on: February 13, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Joe, i know we've talked about this. To me , Build a Bandit has a BAD conotation. I would change the name to something like "Trans Am's United" anything that does not reference Build a Bandit. Just my opinion.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1183 on: February 13, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »
Id say 3.5 cars.  lets not forget George ;)
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1184 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »
Hey guys wanted to jump back in here now.. I did take down the posts on the site due to the post getting out of control. Glad to go into more details some day but the site served many purposes. It did get 3 of us our cars. Your post keep it from being a place Bob would send prospects. Since he is done now, and I got tired of managing so much name calling on the site between the people posting, I took all the post down. But that is why I left the facebook up. It is easier to maintain. I will report more on my car and what it takes to get it drivable when I know more. But 3 cars did get delivered. Not sure what I will do with the BAB site..

Good to hear from you Joe G, I've followed you on youtube and you seem like a normal likable guy who loves his kids and hunting lol. Anyway, We all have been hoping to see the video of your car. Not to see the negative but just to see how far you got is all. Thanks for getting back to us