Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398897 times)

Offline johnc9909

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1410 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
Yeah I don't think he'll show because he knows he'll get arrested so if everyone wins their cases let's hope the authorities find out where he has all his money stashed. They might want to buy some shovels. That's assuming he has anything left. It would no doubt be a victory for the good guys if everyone could get some of their money back.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:44:53 PM by johnc9909 »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1411 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
remember Ericka is a co-defendant so if a judgement is entered is joint and severally applied.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1412 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:19 PM »
Definitely not a dumb question.  I was told the same thing George repeated.  The trial will go on in his absence.  Erica hasn't been hiding.  She's just been lying.  I can't believe they haven't charged her yet.  Hopefully a judge will be able to see all the proof we have that she was just as involved.  Maybe with a few lawsuits won, the NC AG and police will finally pull her in too - then Michelle Petterson (or Patterson), Zak Kampert, David, Joe, Dennis, etc.

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #1413 on: June 13, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »
Maybe I just missed reading it but who are Michelle Petterson (or Patterson), David, Joe, and Dennis? What were their roles in this ponzi scheme?

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1414 on: June 13, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »
They were all employees or "independent contractors" that helped con people.  Michelle worked in the office.  I have e-mails from her to my husband spewing crap about what a great deal he was getting and how she never saw Bob allow a car to go for such a low price...  All lies of course.  The others worked in the shops.  Some have admitted to other victims that they swapped VIN plates and took pictures of cars to send to multiple people - all claiming to be updates.  One car - multiple victims with the exact same pictures for their updates.
They knew what they were doing was illegal and they laughed about it.  They probably didn't get as much of a cut as Bob and Erica, but what they did was still illegal and they should be held responsible.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #1415 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:27 PM »
^^  I'm with you Carol , it wasnt a one man show and they all should be held accountable . Prison is far to comfortable for them though , I'd sooner see a differant option

Offline johnc9909

« Reply #1416 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
I don't think anyone doubts that Erica, Michelle, David, Zak and Joey knew what Bob was doing but you are including Dennis who was not a employee of Bob's. He had nothing to do with the operations of Bob's business. Dennis is a legit business man who owns his own shop. He was not involved in taking anyone's money or promising them cars. He figured out pretty quickly what kind of man Bob was. Bob would send work to Dennis on occasion and Dennis would make Bob pay him and if he didn't he would hold the car till payment was received. When Bob is caught I'm sure he will point fingers at as many people as possible. Bob was the master mind behind it all and those listed above had some sort of hand in it too. Bob did business with a multitude of businesses and people, that doesn't make them all criminals. They all got screwed around just like we did. That's one of the reasons Bob was finding it harder and harder to do business because he was burning so many bridges. Everyone is free to have a opinion and this is mine so I hope you guys don't mind me speaking my piece.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1417 on: June 14, 2013, 11:13:08 AM »
I listed Dennis because one of the victims picked up her car there and found several pieces of her car out of the car and in his shop.  It sounded as if it took quite a bit of persuasion to get him to give back what was hers.  Several others had visited his shop along their nightmarish journeys with Bob.  He's also been the purported source of misinformation regarding Bob that has caused quite a bit of tension between the authorities and the victims asking about that misinformation.  Bob is obviously a liar and everything he's ever said should be doubted.  That said, he's always maintained that Dennis is his business partner.  I haven't used his last name or the name of the shop so that IF he is innocent, this will not hurt him.

It sounds like you're saying that Dennis knew he was probably working on cars that were parts of Bob's scams, but it was okay because he got paid up front.  How is that any better than being one of Bob's employees?  Maybe he is better IF he didn't commit any crimes, but it sure doesn't sound like he's run to the police to provide any information.  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #1418 on: June 14, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
  I stay kinda quiet on here, but now feel the need to clarify one thing...the Dennis in question that is associated with Build a bandit  is Dennis Whorley, and not Me, while we share the same first name, I am not associated with Bob in any way. I do have flounders car, and I am the Dennis that he refers to when he posts about his car...but not the one who runs a shop in Black mountain/Fairview area.
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline johnc9909

« Reply #1419 on: June 14, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
I think you are referring to the woman with the blue camaro. Bob sent the car to Dennis without her knowledge to work on which including putting a motor in it. The motor was owned by Dennis. The woman showed up to pick it up but Bob never paid Dennis so he told her he would release the car when she or Bob paid. She refused to pay and Bob was nowhere to be found. Dennis again gave her the option to pay or he would take the motor out and she could have the car free and clear. She took it with no motor and other parts related to the work he did. In regard to the authorities Dennis has also fully cooperated with them and has tried to be helpful, not deceive them.  If anyone wants to talk to Dennis his number is easy to find. I'm sure he will answer any questions you may have. On another note, Zak was seen today in the Fairview area. He says he hasn't seen Bob.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:57:20 PM by johnc9909 »

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1420 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23:22 AM »
Has he volunteered to turn in cars or car parts that had anything to do with the scams or is he holding on to those pieces and waiting for people to come find him?  Again - IF he's holding something he even thinks has been stolen (as in paid for by at least one of the victims) then he's guilty in my eyes.  If he helped Bob work on cars that he knew were part of his scams then he's guilty.  All that stuff should be voluntarily handed over without waiting for the authorities to ask for it.  That would be cooperating.   Sitting back and waiting to either give it back to Bob or waiting for a victim to find him or use it himself when all blows over is STEALING.  Let the authorities figure out who it belongs to.

Offline johnc9909

« Reply #1421 on: June 15, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
This is where you are reaching. Dennis doesn't have any cars or parts of cars that belong to any victims. He was going to buy what was left over at Black Mountain after the owner offered it all for sale but he didn't. I believe the authorities took possession of what was left. Dennis said he would talk to you if you call him to clear up any other questions you may have. We are all humans and none of us are perfect but that doesn't make us criminals. My advice is to speak to him and get the facts straight because saying stuff about people that you don't know to be 100% true could lead to another court date.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1422 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
On another note, Zak was seen today in the Fairview area. He says he hasn't seen Bob.

sounds like you are on speaking terms with zak...
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline johnc9909

« Reply #1423 on: June 15, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
No, but I know someone in that area that saw and talked to him. Bob hasn't been seen but the rest of them are walking around town free and clear. Zak needs a job if anyone is hiring.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1424 on: June 15, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »
Please tell me you're joking.  I don't know more than a couple on here that could say that and I'd know for sure they were joking.  Zak has been raised to steal from people since he was a young teenager or longer.  He has no problem openly mocking me for being a widow.  I suspect (not 100% sure) that he's the one that impersonated me on ripoffreport and propositioned Bob. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:40:54 PM by tawidow »