Author Topic: 78TA Forum Suggestions  (Read 9520 times)

Offline theck444

Re: 78TA Forum Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2022, 08:48:42 PM »
Maybe not delete accounts where people are logging in, but not posting.  The rest sounds like good ideas. The forum has been helping me for over ten years, thanks for hosting it.

Offline LOTA OT

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2022, 08:52:38 PM »
I believe you just start at the top of your list and go what is necessary to make it work. If something is lost the resources are here to build it back.

Offline Dakinez

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2022, 09:02:46 PM »
I have run some forums in the past, I don't think deleting user accounts and posts is really going to make a difference. It's the attachments which take up the space.

I also think it's going to get very tedious very quickly to do, and you'll quickly tire of it.

If you tell me what your hosting requirements are, I cold probably host it for you for free.

Finally, as long as the cars exist and people enjoy them, there is value to this forum. I'd hate to see it go away. Facebook groups are ok for 'in the moment', but cannot replace a forum's historic collection of knowledge.

I never got contributing here because I never found the right car (still don't have one, still looking). But I still enjoy the forum.

Offline Andy78TA

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 09:19:40 PM »
Sounds like a good start to me. I think a lot of the for sale posts will delete a lot of pictures and attachments which will be helpful. I would hate to see this forum go away totally. I am not on nearly as much as I used to be, but I still enjoy coming on from time to time!
78 T/A pontiac 400- Custom Headers - 2.5 Pypes Violator header back system - Edlebrock Performer Intake - Edelbrock 1413 Carb - Head work - pro comp roller rocker - CVF bracket and pulley kit - Custom system - Recaro T/A interior

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 09:37:17 PM »
All I can say is thank you for the past 15 years of information from this forum.  The people on here have been amazing and they have helped me numerous times solve issues I have had with my car.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline DarksAlphas

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:09 PM »
As with everyone else, I say delete what you need to keep it going.  I am one of the ones who has not logged in in a long time as life has happened, and my 80TTA has taken a back seat.  Like so many others, I would hate to see this community and incredible wealth of knowledge dissapear.  Thank you again for all you have done, and continue to do.

Offline waspmaj

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »
I also am one of those who hasn't logged in for while. Life and new business kind of got in the way.
 I agree with the suggestions. I need to get more active as I've gotten back to working on a couple of my cars.
I learned long ago to put off until tomorrow anything I could make a complete mess of today.

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 10:25:34 PM »
Hey Hitman,

Always glad to be part of this site.  You do whatever it takes to keep this site running.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline WS4

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 11:01:18 PM »
I admit, I'm a lurker and not much of a poster. Mostly because I've been in and out of hotspots over the last few years... With AFG closed, that isn't much of an issue anymore. But I still don't spend a lot of time on the internet. In any event, great sitem great info...do want you need to do...please don't delete me!

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 11:07:54 PM »
Maybe staff that doesn’t bully you.   That’s why I started my own forum.  I see the same staff here. Nothing has changed
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline toot77

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 11:36:40 PM »
I have appreciated and enjoyed this site since I found it in 2008 and although I haven't logged in much during the past several years,  i still own my  78 TA and do find this site very useful.     Thank you for having made it available and I hope you find a way to carry on.
1978 Survivor, Orig Owner, W72 WS6 4spd Martinique Blue w/black deluxe cloth

Offline Y84SE

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2022, 12:46:10 AM »
Hi Brett, I’m all for both suggestions too.

The information available for me and others when I restored my TA was fantastic. For example how to remove and install the dash. For anyone with a TA all this information available is superb.

You might not need it everyday, but you definitely will need it someday.

Offline blackbird

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2022, 01:00:50 AM »
I agree that old user and buy and sell forums more than 6 months old should be scrapped. I have been on here for a while but don’t think I have ever posted but I have gotten so much food information from here I would hate to be kicked off. I was even able to source a 301 from you years ago! But as they say, “ time marches on!” You need to do what is necessary to make it work for you! God bless!

Offline Blue79

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2022, 01:23:49 AM »
Brett,
        I am good with your suggestions for streamlining the data storage.  If a user has not logged in in 10 years, they proably forgot their user name and password anyway. So I dont see an issue there.  Plus eliminating the e-bay posts couldn't hurt either.   
        The site has been great and I still reference it regularly.  Please keep it going! 

Offline Serpiko

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2022, 03:06:32 AM »
1 yes
2 yes
"Maybe I am a dinosaur, but I am a Tyrannosaurus Rex baby", -Lemmy