Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397548 times)

Offline Schroeder

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2012, 08:06:07 AM »
I saw some phone numbers listed here and it sounds like this "company" builds cars to buyer specs.  Since you guys have been following more closely I thought I'd post this here to see if Bob has another ebay alias and if this is another fake listing.  Here he seems to be actually offering a car that is complete and ready, so it may not be him.  I just saw the numbers, future build offers, and that he is a new member with 0 feedback so I thought I'd list it here for you guys to scan,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Trans-Am-bandit-78-TRANS-AM-BANDIT-Tribute-/180968536704?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a2290ba80

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
Doesnt look to be him. Different number and location.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline solargold

« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »
Funny he has no money to refund or complete other pre purchased builds but is steadily acquiring new cars and new parts for current auctions. A pic on this listing I can see at least 2 TA's maybe 3 or it is a Camaro.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-coupe-1965-Mustang-Coupe-/290773240965?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b36f8c85
L8R G8R

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
Solar - just remember that WinstonCup2Watch is an independent contractor that took over some of Bob's builds to help him out ;) This was per the email he sent to Flounder through Ebay.

It's ok though...reported his unbuilt mustang 2x - no vin and avoiding ebay fees by listing a phone number.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
That's right Solar.....the only thing they share is the inability to spell......you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.......you can roll a turd in powered sugar but that don't make it a jelly donut!

Thanks to all of you guys for staying on Bob  and his " independant contractor"

I may have to make an annoucement soon regarding my bussiness with Bob. I had my lawyer draft a letter stateing that we have satisfactorily concluded our bussiness .
Of course he has to come up with 3K ,a 79 hood bird and a new set of 17 inch Year One gold snowflakes......Oink!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
Just got this from one of Bob's customers!

I want to address some issues this morning to ease some peoples worries and concerns.  I have diligently worked with every individual to produce a prompt and realistic resolution to all concerns and obligations.  Mr. Payne has continued to assault and slander us along with Mrs. Thompson on the internet.  I wasn’t aware of the extent or the malice until this week, when I received several phone calls from attorneys and investigators.  They were inquiring about information on these two individuals stemming from two other individuals living in my area wanting to file slander, intent to do harm  and defamation of character law suits against the two of them in separate and co-conspiring suits.  These matters gave me great cause for concern.  I have been advised in my dealing with them to only go through my attorney or the mediation process with both Mr. Payne and Mrs. Thompson.  They were well on their way to what I thought were fairly prompt resolutions. It wasn’t until very recently that I was informed of the true intent of Mr. Payne.  He was going to take the settlement from me and still continue with his personal vendetta against me and my family. He made it clear to several individuals that these were his intentions, that no matter what agreement we came to that I was so gullible that I wouldn’t know what was going on.  He was going to use whatever means, legal or other wise to destroy me and my family. Now we all know the lengthy year long process that will be established at this point.  I was also contacted by two of these individuals, that have decided on their legal course of action with Mr. Payne and Mrs. Thompson, that they no longer wanted to provide services to myself after their obligations to some customers are fulfilled.  I probably have lost to long life friends over this matter.  I do sympathize with Mrs. Thompson.  I recently have lost a son to a tragedy, and a step son that these matters with my profession and people such as this has caused.  Mrs. Thompson has been unapproachable by telephone conversation.  She’s so belligerent no one can get through to her that the document isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, unnotarized, an underage person signed (that had no authority to sign on the company’s behalf), and against policy (the policy is a refund in 90 business days if you terminate during the build process.  Mr. Thompson was well aware of this policy, and so was Mrs. Thompson. I had discussed it with him, and he told me that he had discussed every detail of this deal with his wife.  Both were on board and understood.) refund letter for her that was signed under duress from her threating an underage kid.  There is much case law on this matter.  No one could get a word in edgewise to solve her problem through the proper channels, so again I’m forced to let it run it’s course.  She took it out of the quick resolution process.  Again, common sense can’t be bought or taught most apparently.  I have been contacted by several that want to know what all the threats of Mr. Payne forcing me into bankruptcy are all about.  I would like to also address this threat he has made.  Back 65 days ago when he first threatened me with this, measures were taken right then in a matter of days to protect all.  The company has been dissolved for the same period of time.  I have been delivering on obligations as an individual and settling prior debts and obligations.  I am fully cooperating and assisting any and all agencies; attorneys and federal contacts that have a regulatory eye on how I as an individual is handling and working towards all resolutions.  I am guilty of fully accepting the responsibility of my actions, and my former company’s actions.  Enough on that.  Things will stay on course as they are.  Anyone choosing not to work out their resolutions with myself, the only person who can provide relief for them, and would rather take the same path as Mr. Payne and Mrs. Thompson and use their logic, please email me and I will provide the proper information, who to contact, and resolve your issues in that lengthy process.  I will work with those just as well and assist over the year long process as those I’m immediately giving relief to.  You have my full cooperation.  Common sense cannot be bought or taught most apparently.  I will not advise or even ask you to choose a path.  I think you should obtain legal advice and follow that advice.  I will work with whichever process you desire.  One other note, the company as it were does have some assets, in the range of about $4000 and I personally have  assets totaling now in the range of just slightly less.  This is public record, don’t take my word for it, check it out for yourself.  So, with this information, your patience is paying off.  Just ask all that have received cars and people seeing leaps and bounds in their builds.  I will take care of everyone in a realistic manner.  So hang in there.  No one like the boat we’re in, but we are making great progress on crossing the ocean to the other shore.  Have a great weekend and I’m doing enough stressing and worrying for all of us.  Ease your mind and patience will bring you peace.  And for those losing negative people, don’t bother expecting a follow up email or call from me.  I’m spending my time and efforts on the positive common sense people.  Those are the ones that have gotten the resolutions as prompt as I can possibly do for them.  I am loving those positive reactions and emails.  It’s my driving force.  Thanks again to the 95%.

Thanks

Bob

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
Oh Please!  ::)
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline tawidow

« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »
This just keeps getting better.  Now I've threatened his stepson and coerced him into signing a document?   I was the one forced to drive 4 1/2 hours each way because they couldn't be bolthered to return a phone call (only one made it through, the rest of the attempts were "mailbox full" messages), snail mail, and e-mails.  When I got there at about 3pm a few men were closing up shop for the day.  They all knew I was coming because I had sent a certified letter.  One was decent enough to call Zak on his cell phone and let me speak with him.  Zak made it known how big a deal it was to come all the way across town to give me a new contract.  It would have taken him a whole 20 minutes!!!  I waited about 45 minutes and some other guy, David, drove up.  All the other employees had left long before.  David gave me the new contract signed by Zak.  Zak said that he had to talk with someone else, I think it was his mother, to figure out how to word the new contract.  So now I've threatened him?  He had 2 or 3 employees standing around waiting for me to finish the call.  Are they willing to testify that I threatened Zak?  I'd love to know what I said to threaten him.  The employees can be sued just as easily if they'd like to lie for this piece of scum. 

As to his "policy" - my husband never mentioned a time frame.  Bob mentioned a 60 day timeframe after I had the new contract.  He was upset that I had the new contract.  He never mentioned that his stepson was underage.  He's only mentioned that his stepson failed to return messages while he was gone and keep the shop going.  If he had permission to communicate with customers, he's got permission to make agreements with customers.  That would include contracts.  He acknowleged the contract by giving me a partial payment in August.  That same partial payment and contract are saving him from jail (from me anyway).  The police said that it is a civil matter.  I'd love to know what people I've slandered.  It can't be Bob, since I've only told the truth about him.  Who else is there?  I have spoken with attorneys and investigators regarding Bob this week.  Somehow, it wasn't about my wrongdoing.  Hmmmm, wonder who it was about???

Anyone wondering about my belligerence, I did raise my voice to Bob - after he raised his.  I had called to ask if my check was going in the mail on Saturday.  When he said it wasn't and he had no intention of fulfilling the contract then I said that I would pursue every legal avenue to get the money back and look into pressing criminal charges against him for theft.  He hung up.  I called back and asked why he wasn't fulfilling the contract and that's when he started yelling about the 90 day policy.  His last phone call to me he mentioned the "well known" 60 day policy.  His attempts at phone contact have been one, when he knew I was gone, traveling home from my 400 mile round trip to his shop.  I called every other time trying to find any information because he refuses to respond to questions in countless e-mails.  One e-mail that I think I already posted said that he intended to honor the contract signed by Zak.

I'm waiting for his mediator to call me or his attorney.  I'd love to speak with either.

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
lying cheater.  I like his threats to file slander suits.  That's big talk too.  TAWidow and flounder have so many emails and letters from him that they can easily prove he is a back-tracking liar.  His slander suit would blow up in his face.  I wonder if this sack of sh1t even has a high school diploma.  He's so stupid it's sad to watch all his "business" blunders and childish lies come up again and again.

bob mclearth=criminal
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:13:09 PM by Schroeder »

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
here we go again , " boo hoo bob"
                                       JOSH

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
Oh Please!  ::)
I had a tear in my eye

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Bob  should write country songs....
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline mikekop

Sv: Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
Quote from: RainMan
I had a tear in my eye
[/quote
I am sure you were cutting onions!
Skickat från min LT26i via Tapatalk 2
I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
If I recall correctly TAWidow, your husband unfortunately passed in beginning of June correct? If so...

Beginning of June to Beginning of July - 30 days
Beginning of July to Beginning of August - 30 days
Beginning of August to Beginning of Sept - 30 days

If my math isn't failing me this afternoon, that's 90 days. So...what sayeth Bob to my math? ;D

And someone slap Bob across the head please. His email is horrible. Paragraphs Bob, Paragraphs! Carriage returns don't cost you anything...use them!!!

As for the content of the email...looks to me like he just laid his cards on the table to force everyone to deal with his BS. Here's 4k which you can divy up amongst yourselves OR you can continue to listen to my BS in the hopes that you eventually receive something that sorta kinda maybe looks like a Trans Am. Good grief...talk about pressure.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline tawidow

« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
My husband died, or terminated as Bob so eloquently puts it, on June 7th.  Bob has a copy of the death certificate.  It's been 97 days today. 

What his e-mail would say to me if I hadn't already done so is get my butt in gear and contact the Attorney General's office.  It won't neccessarily get your money back, but it will alert the NC AG's office of the extent of his behavior.  More than likely, nothing will get your money or car back.