Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397587 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #900 on: December 13, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
Don't be to hard on yourself  Flounder as you are not alone . I joined this site after I payed for a TA , big mistake!!
I had some stressful days back then and am lucky I recouped most of it .  I never would have believed there was that many scam artists out there .
I feel bad for you and TA widow  because your nightmare has been allot longer than mine .And let me tell you  I was so happy when it was behind me .

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #901 on: December 13, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »
Thanks Rain. Plus I feel fortunate that I DID find a restoration bussiness who's owner is VERY knowledgeable and has actively taken an interest in my plight and helped me in many ways to get the word out about Bob McElreath.

As he has explained to me many times " Guys like Bob the Bandit" hurt guys like him who are legitimately doing what they love. Turning out great looking cars! He has been very helpful in just about every aspect of my issues with Mr. McElreath. From loaning me the trailer to get my Bobmobile to making sugestions as to what I really need and he has also been very receptive to what I want out of the car.

As with so many aspects of life when one door closes another opens up.
I'm also thankful I've found this site and all the  knowledgeable people that have been very helpful on this site.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:04:11 AM by Flounder55 »

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #902 on: December 13, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »
Yes I'm was very happy to see some real progress on ypur TA by someone who actually knows and cares about what there doing . Very impressed from what I've seen so far .
This sites been a great help for me too . Only wish I could go to the Nats and buy these guys a much deserved beer or 3

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #903 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
what this guy is doing is called "theft by deception." It took along time for the authorities to catch up with the other mentioned shop, and this was only because of the dedication to one guy in paticular. All the people got together and went after him as a group. But it was a big fight to get the authorities to act, it was like you were bothering them. I will pm you a guys email that went throught the same thing, maybe he can point you into a direction legally

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #904 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Brian, thanks for your great comments !!!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #905 on: December 13, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
Precisely! I feel that I'm annoying the powers that be! They call this a civil matter. Well it's all I can do to be civil about what Mr. McElreath did....not just to me because I at least got something but there are others that have nothing to show for the monies they have forked over to this crook .

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #906 on: December 14, 2012, 07:26:33 AM »
It was very confusing on how the authorities worked, they let him continue to operate his business, they NEVER contacted any of the present clients to inform them of the situation. This in turn led The said con man continue to rip his clients off, then meantime he is pulling in new clients and doing it to them. All this is happening while being investigated and law suites against him. My opinion is, the local D.A and police dropped the ball big time, in fact allowed this guy to continue ripping people off. One client completely lost his car from vin tampering, meaning the con man did not want to fix the rust on the original body and switched vins.

Also, he collected funds in his name, he never paid taxes on any of the money.

What burns me is that people like me work hard, do things the right way and honestly, and always get it up the a$$. While these crooks just get away with it with minumal reprocaution. Its crazy and thinking about it is ruining my morning..... >:(

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #907 on: December 14, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »
Brian, thanks for your great comments !!!

Tom,

You're welcome. I've been the recipient of your professionalism and am still trying to pay YOU back for all that was done. You will be seeing me in 2014 with the Y88...I have a minor touchup issue on the rear bumper (I did this..long story) and I want you guys to swap out my Holley carb for a correct Q-jet. I'll be in touch :)

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #908 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »
What burns me is that people like me work hard, do things the right way and honestly, and always get it up the a$$. While these crooks just get away with it with minumal reprocaution. Its crazy and thinking about it is ruining my morning..... >:(

could not agree more...
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #909 on: December 14, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
I'm a firm believer in Karma. Just like the guy in Pa got his ( eventually ) Bob will get his as well!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #910 on: December 14, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
I finally got a response from Bob.  He says that the funds will be available to pay me my refund on January 17th.  I hope this time it happens it would nice for the kids and I to put this behind us and move on.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #911 on: December 14, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
I finally got a response from Bob.  He says that the funds will be available to pay me my refund on January 17th.  I hope this time it happens it would nice for the kids and I to put this behind us and move on.

So what finally got him to call you.  Did you do anything else to push hit buttons.  I really hope you get your money back. 
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #912 on: December 14, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »
If you recieve the funds, good for you. But who is the next victim that gave money up to pay you back ??

Offline tawidow

« Reply #914 on: December 14, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
According to Bob, I went to one of his shops and verbally accosted his employees and then physically accosted them by spitting on them.  Who knew that was how to get him to offer to repay a person?  Of course I was a couple hundred miles away.  Thankfully I volunteered at my son's school (signed in twice), got a document notarized at the DMV, went to the Georgia Aquarium with my cousin, and then had the cousin spend the night at my house with her kids.  I can only hope no one else gets victimized for the refund.