Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398173 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1125 on: February 08, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »
Now everyone here needs to call Channel 13 and ask for the blonde reporter that investigated the story and giver her all the info we got. If we don't have any info we need to ask her to run more stories and bring up TAwidow!!!!

Keep fighting, this is just the begining. We got the ball rolling lets not lose momentum!!!! >:D
Thats a good point . You know I don't doubt that the public would be very sympathetic to what she's been threw , and there could be donations on her behalf . hopefully to the point where Carol recoups her losses .Heck I'll throw in some cash myself if someone could get this started

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1126 on: February 08, 2013, 11:35:42 PM »
this is what I sent to the station:

Dear Sirs,

You should try to contact this woman

Carol Thompson

edcarolinathol@aol.com

678-354-6937

Her husband contracted Bob McElreath to build a car, paid him 15 thousand dollars only to die right after Bob cashed the check. Needless to say she has been very vocal throughout this whole process and only received 2K from McElreath. She even tried to put an article in the classifieds of your local paper regarding her plight only to be turned down. She is a widow,with children who is 13 thousand dollars poorer because of Bob McElreath! Bob has scamed sevicemen serving overseas, a cancer victim ( Fred Huber of washington state) and countless trusting souls. His girlfriend Ericka is envolved, his stepson ZAK is envolved and there are other area shops that have helped him along the way purportrate his scheme.

The sheriff's office and the NC DOJ have had more that 30 complaints and done nothing saying it is a civil matter. Please shed some light on this!

Thank you

George W Payne

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1127 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
Here's the TV stations comments Email section.

comments@WLOS.com

Lets support Carol!

Offline dingles

« Reply #1128 on: February 09, 2013, 12:13:16 AM »
this is what I sent to the station:

Dear Sirs,

You should try to contact this woman

Carol Thompson

edcarolinathol@aol.com

678-354-6937

Her husband contracted Bob McElreath to build a car, paid him 15 thousand dollars only to die right after Bob cashed the check. Needless to say she has been very vocal throughout this whole process and only received 2K from McElreath. She even tried to put an article in the classifieds of your local paper regarding her plight only to be turned down. She is a widow,with children who is 13 thousand dollars poorer because of Bob McElreath! Bob has scamed sevicemen serving overseas, a cancer victim ( Fred Huber of washington state) and countless trusting souls. His girlfriend Ericka is envolved, his stepson ZAK is envolved and there are other area shops that have helped him along the way purportrate his scheme.

The sheriff's office and the NC DOJ have had more that 30 complaints and done nothing saying it is a civil matter. Please shed some light on this!

Thank you

George W Payne

This is actually a very good idea.  With the addition that he fled and the ruthless and uncaring way he scammed certain victims as well as any victims should deserve a follow-up at least on local.  However i would think since it has hit the news a bigger station would consider picking it up.  Honestly after that news in his home town, I wonder if he would be stupid enough to float back into town and try to start over.  I know they have some good questions for him......lol   Dont Drop The Soap Bob!

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #1129 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »
Flounder  I'm on beer #6 right now , but I think it's spelled "involved " not envolved

No biggy , just saying  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:49:58 AM by RainMan »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1130 on: February 09, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »
Why Rain!   I did know you cared! I see I made a spelling error and you are correct. I must confess I too was somewhere around number 6 on the Molson Ice count. You know I'm usually am pretty good in the spelling department but hey, I'm human .

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1131 on: February 09, 2013, 10:10:21 AM »
Thank you guys for your support, but I'm not taking any donations unless it's to a general fund for all of Bob's victims.  There are many I've spoken with that have given Bob their life savings or taken 2nd mortgages on their houses.  Their are others that are still struggling through horrible diseases or serious life changes AND have to deal with this jerk.  My perspective is quite different.  I look at all of this and can't help but know that there are worse things in life than losing money.  I've lost a perfect husband and a perfect father to my kids.  Money is just money.  I've been just as happy living paycheck to paycheck as I have with a little more padded bank account.

I have been so vocal because Bob and his family have been killing people's dreams without a care in the world of how it effects us.  I don't have the car bug.  I lived with someone who did for 13 years and he's passed on the passion to our 9 year old son.  My husband's eyes would glow thinking about this car.  We were only together for 13 years and he bought or sold 13 cars  in that length of time.  He was crazy in love with them all (Well, maybe not my Kia or wagon.).  My son wants to live in his dad's Corvette until I give him the keys when he's 25.  I assume by reading people's posts and stories that you all share this passion.  Bob has killed over 100 people's dreams.  I know as the non-car person that it will be very hard to talk a spouse into pouring money into something new after losing all this.  That hurdle can only be reached after a lot of you have spent many years paying off the loans for this failure.  Realistically, most of the victims will not be able to fulfill their dreams.

Bob and his family have maliciously set out to steal money from you.  They have targeted people that are blinded by their passion and life circumstance.  Looking back on your transactions, I'd bet many are asking yourselves just what they hell you were thinking and how you could be so stupid.  Hopefully you'll realize that there are lawyers and people at the top of their fields  - supposedly smart people like you -  that were duped right along with you.  Bob and his family are professional, amoral thieves.  They know what to say and do to gain your trust.  They are about the lowest kind of people you could find.

When Bob, Erica, Zak, and anyone else involved are in jail for a very long time, I will feel that my husband has been taken care of.  I don't need the money as much as most or all the rest of you because I don't plan on buying a replacement and I don't have a spouse that will be on me for losing it in the first place.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1132 on: February 09, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
Flounder,

I am not convinced the email address is the best avenue. There has to be a more direct email to Emma Wright the reporter.

This is her direct Email account to Emma Wright eewright@wlos.com Darcel Grimes dgrimes@wlos.com

These are the 2 from the video.

Flounder please edit your posts and put these emails in.

We should also include a link to this forum in our emails. I'm doing mine now

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1133 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
put in the Subject line "Scam Pontiac Pros"

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1134 on: February 09, 2013, 02:39:21 PM »
agreed...news media is the key. if its a big enough story the LEOs will have to take action.
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #1135 on: February 09, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »
Where's Cassius when you need him???
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1136 on: February 09, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
With this much activity, why is this guy still out there walking around?  They've been given proof.  They were given proof over a month ago that he was selling a car he didn't even own without the owner's consent.  The owner of the car contacted eBay and the authorities.  Now we're finding out that he's been selling the same cars multiple times and nobody has the car - probably not even Bob.

I think we're all in the wrong business.  It must be nice not to have any morals or consequences.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1137 on: February 09, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
Thanks Jupiter, You Email address IS certainly better than mine!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1138 on: February 09, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »
Jupiter, thanks again. I just sent off those addresses to every victim I know.

Again thanks!                 

Man this is an AWESOME WEBSITE!

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #1139 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »
Does anyone have a photo of this a$$hole. I would like to know what to look for if he finds his way to N. Alabama

I too wonder this.  Does anyone have a picture of this repulsive rat?