General > General Discussion

Before You Ask...

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sir english firebird:
I have a question for you which i dont think you have covered..........

Which way up does my key go in the ignition.............. XX

I hope you have MY car ready! lol

Rebel 5150:

--- Quote from: Jers81turbo on April 11, 2009, 10:13:57 AM ---I always try to use the search section, but seem to have trouble finding the magic word to get what I want.

--- End quote ---

The search function seems to be a weak link in the SMF based forums I frequent.

Joker (§ir£Ğragon):
Sometimes the search works, other times not. I've noticed that from time to time I'll be searching for a thread I know is there and I know the words I'm using are in it but it still doesn't come up in the results. (At least with Jeff around we know the spelling is right. :P ) 

And at least the people here don't automatically reply with "You need to do a search before asking a question that's already been asked before". That really ticks me off in other forums when they do that. Usually they could have just answered the question with the same effort that it took to be an @$$.

milly:
Good idea Jeff. Thanks for posting the thread.

Now what are you going to do with all your spare time???   :P

RENOVATIONS:

--- Quote from: §ir£Ğragon on April 12, 2009, 08:45:05 PM ---Sometimes the search works, other times not. I've noticed that from time to time I'll be searching for a thread I know is there and I know the words I'm using are in it but it still doesn't come up in the results. (At least with Jeff around we know the spelling is right. :P ) 

And at least the people here don't automatically reply with "You need to do a search before asking a question that's already been asked before". That really ticks me off in other forums when they do that. Usually they could have just answered the question with the same effort that it took to be an @$$.

--- End quote ---

Agreed...the search feature on the forums I frequent usually works pretty well...sometimes takes a couple of attempts.
I also have no problem with answering questions, I just thought putting some commonly asked/used info in one spot might make it easier for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version