Author Topic: Shifter knob removal?  (Read 9888 times)

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 06:02:12 PM »
Quote from: "79ws6resto"
Heater core...shifter...don't tell me you've somehow connected the 2!!!!

If you remove the shifter knob and center console it gives you more room to get to the core.
Larry

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
I think the clip flew off the shifter and down the dash vent. Now she's removed the dash looking for it and came across the heater core and got curious... :wink:  :wink:  :lol:
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline kyledyr

• 1981 Trans Am - HydroCarbon powered Eco-Vehicle
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »
i was thinking about heater cores during shop today because one of my buddies was replacing his on his Mustang II.  he wanted to drive it home but had all the heater core stuff out and ran out of time.  we were both wondering if it would be safe to bypass the heater core and just not have any heat temporarily.  it makes sense.... unless there's something i don't know about.
"If you want me to be eco-friendly, make eco-friendly not suck."
'81 305 Trans Am WS6

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »
That will work. I've had to do that when my core started leaking and I couldn't get to it right away.
Larry

Offline Prettybird81

Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »
Quote from: "79ws6resto"
I think the clip flew off the shifter and down the dash vent. Now she's removed the dash looking for it and came across the heater core and got curious... :wink:  :wink:  :lol:

Do you have a webcam set up in my garage?  Have you been watching me?  How would you know these kinds of things???  

I think I need a restraining order...  :lol: :lol:  
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »
kyledyr -- that works out quite well.  Sombody over on TAC got a bypass valve and installed it on their car.   No effect other than no heat, and it made the car cooler inside in hot weather. 8)

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 11:06:42 PM »
Quote from: "Prettybird81"
Do you have a webcam set up in my garage?  Have you been watching me?  How would you know these kinds of things???

You didn't know?  We've all been watching for weeks now -- it's really quite entertaining.  I think milly's even been taping it for later playback, but I'm not sure about that. :shock:  :?  8)  :wink:

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 11:26:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm taping the whole thing!! Now if they would only bring back America's Funniest Home Videos, I'd be a millionaire!! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 11:27:09 PM »
Now, if ONLY we could get YouTube to BUY this stuff, we'd make a killing! :lol:  :lol:

Offline Prettybird81

Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »
Jeri <<< Nervously looks around... hoping no one caught her dancing in the garage instead of working....  :?
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Shifter knob removal?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:20 AM »
And you thought we didn't know about you being surprised by the UPS man... :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink: