Author Topic: Torsion Rods  (Read 660 times)

Offline firebird79_00

Torsion Rods
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »
I have spent the entire morning so far trying to figure this out, i have looked through countless posts and still can not find what i need. My question is where do the torsion rods hook into? i get that the one with the longer side has to go in first and i know how to get that in but where does the shorter side go?
This helped me getting that side in but the shorter side wont even reach the pegs, is it somewhere completely different?
http://www.mikelsall.com/Gallery/_LowRes/Personal%20Pictures/Rides/Camaros/Camaro%20Restoration/1978/Body%20Restoration/Misc/LR_P2100253.1.jpg
1977 Firebird Clone
6.6L.....soon

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: Torsion Rods
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
well you dont have good enough picture to show you where the other side goes, but i can tell you, you have to put the other side in first before you put the side pictured in.....havent really touched one of these in a few years, but i think there is a hole that you have to twist the rod into......
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
just remembered, the hole that the hinge for the actual trunk lid attaches to, the swivel hole, youll see that there is another hole inside of that for the torsion rod to mount..... hope that helps
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline firebird79_00

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
got the first one in but the second one i cant twist far enough, it looks a little bent so i am going to try replacing them
1977 Firebird Clone
6.6L.....soon