Author Topic: 1978 SE Trans AM Interior  (Read 2131 times)

Offline 78 TA FAN

1978 SE Trans AM Interior
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
Restoring a 1978 SE Trans AM, I need a new complete interior kit for the car and want to be correct reproduction.  Can anyone give me opinions on where i should buy the kit from?  Thanks

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: 1978 SE Trans AM Interior
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
MOST parts are made by the same handful of manufacturers and sold by lots of retailers so your best option is to shop around for the best prices. PUI for door panels, ACC for carpet, etc.

A lot of items are available right here:  https://www.78ta.com/store5/

A few of the more popular common retailers are:

www.amesperf.com
www.performanceyears.com
www.classicindustries.com
www.yearone.com
www.npdlink.com
www.thepartsplaceinc.com
Etc
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline 78 TA FAN

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
Thanks, i much appreciate the links and insight. 

Thanks, Brian

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »
Or...don't just go for the best prices since many brands are rubbish. Shop around for the best brands, then get the best price. Or you may be happy with just a refreshed interior which isn't quite correct in places and fit is a bit hmm. Compare the prices. No complete kit where options come in it. When you find particular door trims, carpet, seat covers etc, that you want, google them further, ignore the ads and look for forums and people using them to see how they fit and look and the quality to decide if it suits.
Just noticed in the 78ta.com shop is that they are also now distributors for Legendary Interiors, who have a reputation for originality far above the rest, but of course, not all brands have complete range either. If looking for a deal through them or others, see what they can get that isn't listed. Don't forget all the plastic trims and clips and panels either, luckily black is easy to get and some guys will dye them for you pre-sale if needed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:07:49 PM by Aus78Formula »