Author Topic: NO PART and NO REFUND  (Read 29726 times)

Offline BAMA TA

NO PART and NO REFUND
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
I would rather a seller just  tell me.....too bad buddy, UPS damaged your part, you sent it back to me and I have your $ and I'm not going to respond to your e-mails. I can't believe some people. Long story, but as they say, LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
Re: NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
WOW are you gonna Out them?!

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
WOW are you gonna Out them?!
Man, this guy is a power seller on e-bay and told me over a month ago he was sending me a check for the $ I paid and nothing since. I have sent him countless e-mails just asking what has happened and even what the status of the UPS claim was......no response. My guess is that he didn't insure the part for enough, UPS isn't paying and therefore, he isn't paying me or better yet, he has the UPS money AND my money and he's too far away for me to do a thing about it. He's a member on here. In my younger years, I would have hopped on a plane to knock on a door.

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
That sucks man. I hate crooks
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
The sad part of the whole story is that he finally said he would just wait out UPS and send me my $, then nothing. His ebay seller name lists his name and his wife's (gf), whatever. A friend thinks she got involved and told him not to pay until UPS pays him. I look at like this.......I'm his customer and he's UPS's  customer. The part was obviously damaged by UPS. The claim should be cut and dry and he should have had his money a long time ago. Although I filed a damage claim as well with UPS, they won't tell me anything since I wasn't the shipper.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:27 PM »
????
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »
Like an idiot, I'm still hoping he does the right thing. I honestly believe he had good intentions, he just had never had a shipping problem and doesn't know how to handle it the right way.

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:38 AM »
No Hints besides a Bettys Name?  What was the part?

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
The part was $275, so I feel a little irritation is in order here.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
again? you arent really helping anybody since you are naming anyone
Eroc

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
he wouldn't happen to be build a bandit would he?? sounds like something bob would do!
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »
again? you arent really helping anybody since you are naming anyone

Member has not been on here since July 20th and has no items listed on e-bay at present. I'm the only one that's been popped. I'm not really sure what "Again" means.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
I said again cause it was already asked who it was, why can you not say the name ? It would be kind of helpful to everyone else
Eroc

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
I wasn't going to leave you hanging forever. I just wanted to give him a chance to rectify the situation after seeing this post because he would know it was him, but if you need to know, his member name is starr455 and his ebay name is lisa_n_brian. Here's how it went down.....He offered to sell me a Hooker roll bar at a set price of $200 which included shipping. I told him that the shipping would be high but he was fine with it. He came back and said that after he got it to UPS they told him it was going to be $145 shipping alone so he would only net $55. He wanted more to cover more of the shipping and we agreed to $75 more which would be a total of $275 netting him $130. The bar arrived and one of the down tubes, believe it or not was bent inward beyond repair. How UPS bent a roll bar is beside me, but they did. I sent him pictures of the bar immediately and he said he had never had a problem with UPS and that I was filing a claim and he would as well. Instead of inspecting the bar like they said the driver would do, they picked up the bar, and eventually sent it back to starr455, I guess after inspecting it. Starr455 said that he had been going round and round with UPS on the claim and was going to send me a check and wait out UPS. That was on July 5th. I since sent him e-mails on July 12th, July 20th, July 28th and August 13th with no reponse. That's where we stand. He has a great rating on ebay, but no items listed at this point. I'm willing to give him a favorable rating if he makes this right, but he's dropped off the face of the earth.

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
My .02 he spent it and now doesnt have it to refund?!