Author Topic: Oil pressure problems sendiing unit  (Read 8046 times)

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
Re: Oil pressure problems sendiing unit
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
Let me know if you decide to get the correct sender and have trouble finding the brass elbow. I can get a pic of it if neccessary.
Randy

Offline 1FSTLS1

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
If you have o picture that would be great where did you get the elbow from?  Parts store Home Depot?  The aftermarket gage is ok I am worried about oil somehow leaking inside the car if somethign happens to that plastic line.
1999 Silver Z28

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
The aftermarket gage is ok I am worried about oil somehow leaking inside the car if somethign happens to that plastic line.

As well you should be.  A friend of mine decided to put a mechanical oil pressure gauge in his 67 Buick GS.  It used plastic line from the tie-in to the oil galley to the gauge under the dash.  The plastic tube got chafed and eventually wore through, spraying hot oil all over his leg as he drove down the highway.  Needless to say he was also stuck until he could figure out how to pinch off the line to keep the engine from losing all its oil.  Mechanical gauges *can* be more accurate than electrical gauges but they are a PITA long-term.

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »
I'll try and get a pic of mine tonight. You may be able to get one at Home Depot or you local plumbing supplier. Just take the sender with you. Since it's basically just and extension, the threads are the same on both ends of it. One side being female and the other being male. It's less than 2" tall with a 45 degree or so angle to it.
Randy