Author Topic: Anybody have these and if so...............  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Trevon

• That's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory
Re: Anybody have these and if so...............
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
Can someone on here photoshop up (or paint works I guess) a schematic to switching to different bulbs/HID's? Including what resistors, relays, and any other components that are required too?

I don't mind doing electrics but I'd like to know exactly what I need to do how to do it so I don't fry stuff. I can read schematics pretty decent too.  If some does this ill probably start from scratch n make a new harness for everything.

USAF Crew Chief

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »
Kevin actually had M&H Wiring Harness make him the harness to run those lights so you might want to PM him to see what it cost.

Otherwise, its as simple as adding in (4) 4 pin relays to drive the new bulbs. Use (2) for the low beams and (2) for the high beams. After that, follow the wiring diagram included with the halos to wire them up as you want.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Trevon

• That's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »
Can someone on here photoshop up (or paint works I guess) a schematic to switching to different bulbs/HID's? Including what resistors, relays, and any other components that are required too?

I don't mind doing electrics but I'd like to know exactly what I need to do how to do it so I don't fry stuff. I can read schematics pretty decent too.  If some does this ill probably start from scratch n make a new harness for everything.

USAF Crew Chief

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »
Dont do HIDS, I've posted on this to great length on AllGenTransAms

Scroll down to where I start posting (Anastasiofan92) and I explain why you should stay away from them. Get a set of Hellas.

http://allgentransams.com/forum/index.php?topic=951.0
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula