Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397993 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1065 on: February 06, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
Yes, George is responsible for Bob's mess.  It has nothing to do with the fact that Bob has stolen over $1.5 million  from over 100 people and doesn't produce what he says he will.  Bad, George, bad!  If it were up to Bob, he'd be swindling people right now.  I would bet that he probably is.

I would not believe any of what Bob claims.  He did not have a legitimate business license for most of his company aliases.  I'm not sure how or if that would effect his ability to file bankruptcy.  We all know that this will do nothing to stop him from operating the same way he has been operating.  He doesn't produce completed cars anyway.  Does it matter that he has a shop?  He's just selling pictures of cars and a good story.

I will believe his bankruptcy when I receive an official letter from a real lawyer.  Until then, he's blowing more smoke up our butts trying to buy more time to swindle more people.

Any victims that get letters that look official need to verify that the lawyer actually exists and that the lawyer actually sent the letter.  Bob impersonates people or creates them out of thin air.

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #1066 on: February 06, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
Yep!  I bet that's Bob's attempt to throw you off his scent.  Have you think it's finally over and forget about him.  Of course I know you're smarter than that tawidow.  Keep at him!
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1067 on: February 06, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
Next thing you know he will be living in a TRAILER DOWN BY THE RIVER.........

oh wait.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline solargold

« Reply #1068 on: February 06, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »
Maybe he now smeared your reputation, you certainly have evidence of him impersonating you. Maybe file charges against him for identity theft. They can track that message back to the computer it was written on.
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1069 on: February 06, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
Bob, has been setting this up for months! I cut my attourney lose 3 months ago. Someone might have forced him into bancruptcy but it was not I!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be glad to take blame when he goes to jail!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1070 on: February 06, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »

Please use this email for future correspondence. You are welcome to send me anything you like. Ive got a nice file going.

Inspector James F. Walston III

NCDMV License and Theft Bureau

1624 Patton Avenue

Asheville, NC 28806

Office: 828-251-6081 EXT 217

Cell: 828-231-6875

Fax: 828-251-6110

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1071 on: February 06, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
Nows the time to push harder. Tell the AG you want to press charges. File small claims suits against him. Attack, Attack

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1072 on: February 06, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »
Just spoke with a Lawyer, He looked. Bob is blowing smoke! Bob is not listed as a debtor with the NC bancruptcy court!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1073 on: February 06, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
Just checked this site         http://www.pacer.gov/reg_pacer.html .    No Robert McElreath's filed for Bancruptcy here. or here    http://www.ncwb.uscourts.gov/ecf/login.html

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #1074 on: February 06, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
An actual e-mail from Bob this morning.  It reads:

George Payne finally won.  He cause enough of civil action to put me into forced bankruptcy.  Not voluntary.  Shop cannot be open, sale, build, operate or deliver any vehicle in the US.  You can file civil action as course of action, but everything is taken.  Have no way to stop it.  I’ve been legally advised this is legal what’s being forced on me as a sole operator/owner and only one liable.

Bob

I'm guessing he won't actually stop.  I wonder if this idiot with a 3rd grade mentality thinks that if he says he has to stop doing this everyone will stop looking for his scams on the internet.  Too bad for him that we will all keep on the look out for his lies and scams.  Idiot.  It's too bad Bob wasn't a victim of a partial birth abortion before all this happened.

Offline 78455

« Reply #1075 on: February 06, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
  It's too bad Bob wasn't a victim of a partial birth abortion before all this happened.

I'm surprised that this Bob guy hasn't already been turned into fish food.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1076 on: February 07, 2013, 01:46:57 AM »
Is it possible for Bob to sink to a new low?  I didn't think so, but I'll admit that I was wrong.

He decided to impersonate me on ripoffreports.com :
http://www.ripoffreport.com/bob-mcelreath/auto-dealers/black-mountain-fairview-nort-2f819.htm

First he claimed on Joe's site - which is still only broadcasting half-truths and outright lies - that I needed a "good stiff one"

Now he is impersonating me and saying that I want to go to dinner with him and more. 

Anyone with a car at his shop needs to get it now.  He is folding fast.  These are the acts of a desperate and pathetic little man.

one look at that spelling and grammar shows thats not TAwidow
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #1077 on: February 07, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »
^^ good point ,as Bob doesn't talk good :)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1078 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »
Got this today!

From Chris Canard   
To Flounder1955@yahoo.com

George, my name Chris and unfortunately I bought a car from Bob in 2009. I actually got my car about a year later. If you look on their new website Pontiac pros in the picture section mine is the silver & black '78.
    I have spent about $7,000.00 on the car to get it acceptable, & that's with me doing some of the labor myself. That's probably another 3-4 K worth. The car is decent now but still needs a real paint job. I have kept every receipt for every repair, part, nut or bolt. Needless to say it's a rather impressive & depressing pile.
    I contacted Bob with a detailed list of everything that had to be repaired with copies of the most expensive receipts. I heard nothing from them. Here is the list I sent them.

1) remove & reinstall rear brake shoes. one side had primary facing forward

2) repair turn signal wiring on BOTH front signals

the above work was done by my mechanic he also totally inspected the car & found that the transmission was leaking from EVERY opening tailshaft, torque converter, selector shaft, & speedometer cable. rear main seal is leaking, wheel bearings need replacing, rotors pitted, ball joints need replacing all the rubber front & back needs replacing cost $ 561.09

3) replace leaking power steering pump $ 49.21

4) replace water temp sending unit, that's why the gauge didn't work $ 6.51

5) rebuild head light assembly, this was so rusted your guys just left one of the original lights in it, alignment screws replaced

6) reinstalled front turn signals, these were just shoved into the bumper not even bolted in,

7) replaced wiper motor, it only worked on low speed

8) replaced washer motor didn't work at all

9) replace windshield washer hoses, dryrot, theses weren't even connected

10) remove & repair leaking radiator, this is when I found only 1 rubber radiator mount under the radiator

11) replace radiator mount

12) replace cracked fan shroud

13) replace radiator overfill jug, had a hole in it

14) repair short in dome light

15) repair bad contact in door jamb light switch

16) remove driver door panel & repair door lock, it would lock but then you couldn't unlock it

17) PROPERLY install driver door panel, you see there are little metal tabs at the top that have to be bent to snap in place, you would think you guys would know that by now

18) replace torn driver inner door handle/armrest

19) replace rusted out headlight switch $ 15.99

20) replace rusted out & shorted dimmer switch this is when I discovered that the carpet was put over butt naked rusted metal with no sound deadening material or jute $ 9.00

21) replace non functioning cigarette lighter

22) have metal bezel restored $ 150.00

23) replace cracked dash cover, it was not installed right & not even painted $ 123.00

24) install sound deadening to floor $ 44.95

25) install jute on floor $ 25.47

26) POR-15 floor & refinish floor, that's not black paint on the floor

27) completely redye all interior pieces, I found gray, blue, gloss, semi gloss, flat black & parts not even painted

28) rebuild & reweb seat belts, repair torn back seat & 180.00

29) replace leaking evaporator core & 225.94

30) replace burned out A/C clutch $ 98.38

31) completely rebuild a/c controls & temp & bi level vents

32) replace mufflers $ 128.40 I wouldn't even call what you installed mufflers

33) replace glove box spring $ 4.25

34) rewire radio, quit working

35) install antennae extension $ 10.00

36) buy jack $ 46.00

37) remove deck lid, remove rust, refinish, repaint reinstall

38) derust & rebuild seat rails, so rusted driver seat would not move

39) partially rebuild carb. heater choke tube was clogged that's why it was idled so high. no gasket on choke tube assembly

40) replace brace under steering wheel, it was missing

41) replace duct adapter, it was missing

42) replace screws holding carpet guard, some screws were shoved in the hole wrong size just loose

43) replace shaker drain, missing

44) the entire suspension had to be rebuilt $2880.55

45) transmission removed seals replaced, linkage repaired $794.72 (see attached receipts)

the car is still at my mechanics he has had to rebuild the carburetor, replace the vacuum advance, reroute a/c & alternator wiring as these were sitting on the manifold & melting, replace the plugs as they were fouled. adjust the timing. The carburetor on the car is the wrong carb. it is from a 403 California car I have a 400. cost to get correct one is $300-625.00

the engine is showing rust, apparently just painted straight over rust so I'm going to have redetail the engine bay, replace the valve covers replacing the rusting chrome ones I did not want. I have to find the correct air cover cleaner. I sent you one but it was not installed. Mind you this car is stored in an air conditioned building & I've driven it a total of 5 times, three of which have been to be repaired. I am still going to have it repainted which means I'm going to have to buy all new graphics again.

Since then I have had to have the dome light repaired & a few other things as well, so the cost is over 7 k. Someone from the NC AG office contacted me & I sent them this list & copies of some of the receipts. I would dearly love to repay Bob & Co. For such a "wonderful" product that I've spent the last 2 yrs of my life on. So if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Chris

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1079 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
this guy has a (kinda rare) 76 SE.

From D EM
To GEORGE PAYNE

I've posted some information on the Bandit Build website, and I will be listing the car for sale on ebay, with the VIN# and the 50+ build-progress pictures. If anyone should want to buy it, receive my title and pick it up in NC.

Sent on the Now NetworkT from my Sprint® BlackBerry