Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398148 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1245 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »
ok,ok....anybody know this guy?

Registrant:
Joe Ward
 Massachusetts
United States

He owns the new site
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:12:20 AM by Flounder55 »

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1246 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
My information is a little dated but I *think* it still applies...

Domain Names.... The initial registration is good for (2) years. That just reserves your name out on the interweb so no one else can take it. Now, depending on who you registered the name through you may be the billing contact or you may not. Assuming Bob went through Internic (domain name registration authority - for the lack of a better term), he would be the billing contact. When the (2) years was coming to a close, he'd be mailed a renewal form. If he didn't pay, the domain name goes into limbo for a bit. Once Internic determines that the original owner isn't paying up, the name becomes fair game again for someone else to register.

So...if good old Bingo Bob happened to have that name registered and let it lapse, which I believe is the case as his initial website was www.buildabandit.com, then it's only become available in the recent months.

FWIW: buildabandit.com is registered through Go-Daddy.com and pontiacpros.com is through Fat Cow Hosting. Based off this and Bob's propensity for doing things cheap, I'd wager that we're looking at (2) different people with the domain names.

**Can you tell I did ISP (Internet Service Provider) support for 2+ years??  ;D

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1247 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »
BTW: Flounder, I'd pull Joe's contact info unless you have proof he's part of the ponzi scheme Bob's been running. No need to get him caught in the cross hairs...

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1248 on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
Brian, I guess I came across wrong. It just seems strange that on this site this person SAYS they have owned this site for awhile and just now it surfaces. I did redact part of the address. Maybe this IS one of the good guys?   I just figured somebody here would know him. Not trying to cause him ANY grief.

Offline dingles

« Reply #1249 on: February 21, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »
Flounder I just emailed you Joe Wards number and address. On cell so too hard to post.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1250 on: February 21, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »
Brian, I guess I came across wrong. It just seems strange that on this site this person SAYS they have owned this site for awhile and just now it surfaces. I did redact part of the address. Maybe this IS one of the good guys?   I just figured somebody here would know him. Not trying to cause him ANY grief.

No problem. His definition of "a while" is probably stretching things just a touch. I *think* Bob's registration of the domain name lapsed when he was switching over to Pontiac Pros. Don't hold me to it but it is a recent thing if you remember we did mention it either in this thread or the original that it suddenly went away only to have Pontiac Pros pop up in its place.

For those wondering...it's incredibly cheap to register a domain and renew it when the "contract" is up so it raises flags as to why a long standing business would let it lapse.

Offline dingles

« Reply #1251 on: February 22, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
I see Zak had to go out and get a real job. hmmmm.  Skyland Automotive Car dealership and auto repair.  I wonder if they know how his mentor taught him and what was invovled..... hmmmmmm......

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1252 on: February 22, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »
Dingles, Did he write that on his facebook page? He is gonna need to make some REAL money anyway so he can make bail because just like his theiven DADDY.....He is GOING TO JAIL!

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #1253 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
Dingles, Did he write that on his facebook page? He is gonna need to make some REAL money anyway so he can make bail because just like his theiven DADDY.....He is GOING TO JAIL!

One can only hope!
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline dingles

« Reply #1254 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »
Yes he did. Also he state on the Facebook build a bandit his page how much he makes. If you go back further he had bought a house in November I believe? Someone put a link to his twitter page.  Lol

Offline dingles

« Reply #1255 on: February 22, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
They have a pic of him on twitter wearing women's clothes. That must be why Bob flunked out. Hard to build in high heels!

Offline dingles

« Reply #1256 on: February 22, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »
Hello Boys!!  Be sure to check my facebook page and follow me on twitter!!

I can weld your mufflers directly to your frame and have gas shoot in your face when you start up your car!  I have plenty of ductape to fix anything!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:29:48 PM by dingles »

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1257 on: February 23, 2013, 08:54:03 AM »
Maybe some guys like boys with boobs?

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #1258 on: February 23, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
Wow typical, sterotypical trash.  He has a galaxy S3 phone and is chubby.  Typical welfare rat created by this dying country and Odumbo.  I'd love to see a picture of Bob.  I'm certain he is more disgusting.  These rats' pictures should be publicly posted everywhere.  Then maybe we'd get lucky and someone would step up and whack 'em.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1259 on: February 23, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
Bob's picture is on the Build a Bandit facebook site.

I did not see any comments Zak made about buying a house but I'm just an average Facebook user. I don't even tweet! I'll let the birds do that!