Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397647 times)

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »
best line of this entire thread... priceless

"i just hope this doesnt harm our break neck pace"
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
best line of this entire thread... priceless

"i just hope this doesnt harm our break neck pace"
X2 , I was going to mention that too lol . Bob has a good shot at stand up comedy

Offline tawidow

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:04 PM »
He's made no sales in 2 1/2 months?  Is he still trying to claim that it's been since June 1st?  I can prove that's a lie by my own paperwork.  There were a few other people that I know paid around the same time. 
Much more recently he left this feedback "Great guy, fast pay A+++++++++ ebayer" about someone just 10 days ago.   So 10 days = 75 days now, but you can still trust what he says.  I'm just twisting things again.

It is so amazing that he can still pretend to be a victim in all this.  Who on earth does he think he's fooling???

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 11:47:11 PM »
Well what scares me is I think he actaully believes himself , which  is a classic  symptom of a pathological liar . My sister is one and I also work with one so I should know

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:17 AM »
He's made no sales in 2 1/2 months?  Is he still trying to claim that it's been since June 1st?  I can prove that's a lie by my own paperwork.  There were a few other people that I know paid around the same time. 
Much more recently he left this feedback "Great guy, fast pay A+++++++++ ebayer" about someone just 10 days ago.   So 10 days = 75 days now, but you can still trust what he says.  I'm just twisting things again.

It is so amazing that he can still pretend to be a victim in all this.  Who on earth does he think he's fooling???

Shill bidding that eBay warned him about. Without seeing the other auctions he's run, it almost makes one wonder if anyone actually bid on those or if it was just good old Bob bidding up his own auction.

From what we've seen, he's one heck of a sales guy - smooth talker and ready to take your hard earned $$$. Operators are standing by now - oh wait, he fired his whole staff (cleaned house), no he didn't (told his staff to get on the builds), yes he did (one man show with 2 good legs).....even he can't decide if he's cleaned house or not!!

I do understand where you're coming from TAWidow and I hope you get every last cent from this guy.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
What a super BS'er he is...

12 days ago $13,600.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Trans-Am-Leather-1978-Trans-Am-Bandit-T-Top-Fully-Restored-/251125357888?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a783cdd40

And 15 days ago another two sales for $23,300.00

Ooops, oh yea, shill bidders...I forgot, no cash from those guys!!!
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »
Blue, those auctions were pulled by Ebay for shill bidding.

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
Blue, those auctions were pulled by Ebay for shill bidding.

Oh au contraire my friend, those I listed are completed listings before the others were pulled...
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »
I stand corrected, my apologies

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
Latest " General Email" fron BAB/PP:

Customers may only inspect their own cars when they visit, and only photos of theirs.  We have retained an attorney!  This is our policy now.  We will not be able to share updates, only with each individual.  I cannot put a lot of stuff in my general emails anymore, shared info either.  the liability is too great we are informed.  Any update request will come within 72 hours.  Unannounced visitors will not happen.  We lost at least one full day’s work last week alone.  This is going to keep causing less and less work to get done.  4 current customers last week alone with 3 walk-ins, potential customers that wanted to see my shops and find out what is going on on the internet.  Customers are sending photos that they are mixing up cars.  I had Mr. Smith Friday who got pictures that were supposed to be his car, and when we showed him his car, it’s 3-4 weeks from completion.  What someone sent him was a car 6 months from finish.  Now he’s pissed he wasted a trip and blessed me out on the phone for nothing. So I had to spend hours to repair our relationship instead of working on everyone’s cars.  His build is already 16 months old, I have promised to finish in 3 weeks.  We’ll let him send everyone his own photos.

Thanks

Bob

PS. anyone trying to call me today may not get answered. I’m going to working in the paint booth today trying to help them catch up

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
<<< - Skeptic!!!

Customers may only inspect their own cars when they visit, and only photos of theirs.  We have retained an attorney!  This is our policy now.

Just out of curiousity, what policy number is this? Like 7 or 8 at least?

We will not be able to share updates, only with each individual.  I cannot put a lot of stuff in my general emails anymore, shared info either.  the liability is too great we are informed.  Any update request will come within 72 hours.

Wouldn't a company who's trying to make good on a bad rep want to get the word out that they're changing their ways?

Customers are sending photos that they are mixing up cars.

Really? I thought Bob was the one emailing out updates.

anyone trying to call me today may not get answered. I’m going to working in the paint booth today trying to help them catch up

Didn't this yahoo clean house, fire all his "staff" and been trying to build/finish cars all himself??? Or did I miss something?

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »
Hey Flounder, wasn't your car supposed to be 3-4 weeks from being complete?  In Bob's estimation that is....
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »
Thats McElreath mathematics not sure what that translates to in REAL numbers

Offline bobg

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
Thats McElreath mathematics not sure what that translates to in REAL numbers

The day after infinity is my guess.
79  TATA 400 W72 4spd
79 gold 400 4spd w72 T top
74 superduty 455 4spd
70 Trans am Ram air 4speed

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:52 PM »
Wow, it's been almost 2 weeks since they pulled BAB/PP ads and no re-posts! They must have hit him with a "stay off our site for 30-60 day" fine.............good for Ebay!