Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397679 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #960 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »
Thankfully I have a couple lawyer friends.  Forcing him into bankruptcy isn't the answer.  The man has 11 aliases.  He's picked up 5 since my husband paid him!  About 4 lawyers have already told me that I'd lose even winning a case against him because he hides his money.  I'm past expecting a refund.  I'd really like a refund, but I'd sure settle for seeing him behind bars for a number of years.  Even 6 months per victim would be 20 years at least.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #961 on: January 03, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
$500 a month is standard price for a billboard. $700 sounds high

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #962 on: January 03, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
Let's not forget....In my opinion Ebay bares at least a minimal amount of responsiblity in enableing Bob to work his craft.

I've learned a few things since this ordeal first started. Beware of sellers that have a 0 rating. Look at Ebay ratings, if the seller has good reviews but all the positive reviews are for BUYING and not selling then that might raise another red flag. If the car is more than 10 years old the Ebay buyer protection plan is USELESS! Also, if the seller wants to complete the transaction outside of Ebay or not go through Pay Pal that should raise another RED Flag. You have no recourse outside ebay should the deal go south. Also If the auction is PRIVATE so the bidders can't see who is bidding on the item that should ALSO raise a RED FLAG.

Bottom line...be prepared to have the car inspected OR make the trip to see the car personnally. There are just too many con artists out there that use Ebay. The reason? Ebay does NOT police it's site very well and they know that!

I commend TA widow for her grit and never quit attitude. She is never going to stop till Bob is wearing an orange jumpsuit. He should have just paid her!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:19:26 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #963 on: January 03, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
I'm beginning  to think these crooks know the system so well that they realize there impervious to the law . I don't understand how bankruptcy works , but have seen certain people with businesses do it , then suddenly appear under a new name .
I think the laws on the bad guys side , and honest hard working people are always going to fall victim .
Maybe TA has a good idea with the bill board . I'd like to see it kept simple and legible though for the most impact . We have to come up with some ideas .
That's after we find out what the liabilities may be of course , as honest people may be charged with a criminal offense
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:43:27 PM by RainMan »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #964 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
Rain, the truth of the matter is honest people don't look at ways or loopholes that shield them from the consequences of breaking ethical standards or legal standards that are proscribed by the law.

While Bob McElreath may not construct sentences well he knows how to void them legally. He's been there done that, just never got the orange jumpsuit!

persistance ( ALA TAWIDOW) is one thing Bob McElreath does not count on or can't control/ignore.

I'd like to think Bob has stopped doing the 77-79 TA's because of my ads on Ebay that go up EVERYTIME one of his do. I will continue this should he ever try to go back there.
  You guys really helped me in dealing with my plight with Bob McElreath and I want to try to give back in some way.

I can't give the technical advice that I've read on so many threads here and I'm a rookie at most of this I have learned the art of the con ( ALA Bob McElreath ).

There are alot of great people on this site and the resources that reside here are awesome!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #965 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Now he's back selling a few parts to bump up his rating as 65classicrods.

If he hadn't sold a car using the same VIN as the car he sold months ago I'd guess it's not him.  Too bad for him he came out of the gates crooked and got caught right away.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #966 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »
Another victim gets added tomorrow from ebay.  The red car was taken off - not removed by ebay - taken off.  He must have sold it off ebay.  Must be nice to never have to play by the rules.

I'm tempted to buy one of his parts he has on there just to leave feedback about who he is.  The cheapest is only $15.  I'm sure there's some law out there protecting him from that abuse.  I'd wind up fined or in jail.

The billboard is coming together.  Write me if you'd like your info on it.  You don't have to pay a thing.  I think it's important to show that it's not just one person shouting foul.  There's a huge group of us that's been taken by this loser.

edcarolinathol@aol.com

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #967 on: January 13, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
He has a 65 chevelle up on Ebay now.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #968 on: January 13, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »
Bob must be having a bad day...LOL . he actually came out from under his rock and call me an SOB on the facebook site. That's almost a compliment coming from Bob the Bandit.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #969 on: January 13, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
Aw, how cute.  I got mentioned too.  I didn't know he cared.

Offline Izzy

« Reply #970 on: January 16, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
aww i couldnt find his facebook page

Offline tawidow

« Reply #971 on: January 16, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
Joe removed Bob and some of Flounder's comments. Joe's created the facebook page under "buildabandit-reviews"

He's also created a real website www.build-a-bandit.com That's the site that had Bob's comments.  He called Flounder an SOB and mentioned that we'd been quiet for a while.  He also said I was boring for saying the same thing over and over again.

I liked Bob's comments.  It allowed outsiders a glimpse of what a nut job he is.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #972 on: January 16, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Here's the link      http://build-a-bandit.com/       it's under restoration/client reviews

But hey you missed the good parts. I think I really got under Bob's skin

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #973 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »
Here's the link      http://build-a-bandit.com/       it's under restoration/client reviews

But hey you missed the good parts. I think I really got under Bob's skin
Dang  I see they did some editing . Wish I would have seen it lol

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #974 on: January 17, 2013, 04:59:41 AM »
Well Rain he's posted new stuff so you better hurry before they take that down too!