Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397622 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1080 on: February 07, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »
Another victim who is a lawyer.

Dear George,

I was able to get your e-mail address from Chris Canard.  He was one of the group members in our group that was also victimized by Bob.  I was aware of your existence but never been able to connect with you.  As you may have heard, I am also one of the victims of Bob the bandit.  I ordered two cars and fully paid for them.  Of course years past 3-4 years.  I received the TA and it directly went into storage and has not run since.  The other one was a Mustang 350 GT replica for which I paid close to $30,000, it was supposed to be finished by the end of 2012 and it was apparently was finished.  I have all the paper trail and the pictures he was sending me. When it was finished, he sent me a bill of sale and the title.  We were just getting ready to get the car shipped when he made an emergency call and said he got an investigation going on against him and that I should send the title back to him so that he can transfer it properly to avoid title jumping and then send me back the title from him.  When the original car was purchased to be built it was still left with the original person’s name when he send it to me.  Like an idiot, I sent back the title to him.  I should not have done that because the car was purchased ultimately for me with the money I sent years ago.  But, against my better judgment I sent the title back to him.  He said it would take 3-4 weeks to make the switch and get the title back to me.  Yesterday, it has been more than a month and I was thinking about calling him when I received the following e-mail from him:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
George Payne finally won.  He cause enough of civil action to put me into forced bankruptcy.  Not voluntary.  Shop cannot be open, sale, build, operate or deliver any vehicle in the US.  You can file civil action as course of action, but everything is taken.  Have no way to stop it.  I’ve been legally advised this is legal what’s being forced on me as a sole operator/owner and only one liable.

Bob

I checked the Bankruptcy records and it turns out that there is no filings under his name as of yesterday.  There is no forced or involuntary bankruptcy as you may know.  He must be doing that to avoid the consequences of his action.  I am currently looking for a local attorney to hire.  I also contacted Sheriff’s department.  I believe he should be prosecuted criminally as well as civilly.  If it was here I would deal with it as I am a litigation and trial attorney.  But it is not practical for me to deal with a case in NC.  I will need to find a local attorney which I am willing to do.  We will also need an attorney who will challenge the potential discharge of obligations with bankruptcy filing.  This is important.

I feel like you have much more information on the happenings.  I was keeping a list and information together and keeping our group of 15-20 people together for years, we were all Bob’s victims together.  Would you give me as much information as possible?  I am so angry about what this guy did to us.  Do you have an attorney you have already hired and used?  May be we can use the same attorney?  Can you share some information?  I am planning to after this guy.  Let me know if it is Ok I would be happy to call you on your phone.  Feel free to call me at my office number below.  I will continue to monitor his bankruptcy filings.  But I feel like you and I should connect.

Best regards,

Ayhan M. Menekshe
Attorney at Law
Email: menekshe@menekshelaw.com

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1081 on: February 07, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
There you go George!

Go get that Ba$tard!!!!!

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1082 on: February 07, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
  I believe he should be prosecuted criminally as well as civilly.  If it was here I would deal with it as I am a litigation and trial attorney.  But it is not practical for me to deal with a case in NC.  I will need to find a local attorney which I am willing to do.

with all due respect for the above attorney, if i had personal money involved, i would MAKE IT practical to "deal with" the case. if not personally, then i would find the most aggresive local talent.  my .02
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline dingles

« Reply #1083 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
 I am also a victim of Bob.  Here is what I have found out and have talked to serveral victims.  This build was for my company.  It was supposed to be in paint and body to be finished wherever that is at.   The Attorney General says he has not filed anything.  Dectective Davis says he has not filed anything.  Found a working number, spoke to Erica as well as another victim.  She claims Bob has fled and left her and his daughter.  He left his cell and everything.  She cannot locate him and was very forthcoming with information.  She claims there are still some cars left in the shop although she does not know what happened to my companies, as she said it is not there.  Another victim was supposed to pick his car up too.  However it does not even exist according to a worker.
He actually sold my car to another named Ron but with a different VIN # which he was supposed to pick up.  The old tag on mine matches the vin, I do not know where he got the VIN for Ron.   As of today I had plate and VIN ran and it still has not been registered.
I do not know all of the shops to look for my car (or Rons) a 73 Camaro.

Inspector Wilson from DMV has several peoples information her number is 828-251-6081 email is cawilson4@ncdot.gov.  She is also handling a case.  Another victims car did not even exist at all.  Employees are at the shop from what I was told and said the same thing Erica did.  They were told there are a few cars there most belonging to customers that brought them in.

Feel free to share this with whomever needs it.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1084 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
Do not trust anything Erica says either.  They are a family of thieves.  He's been using her e-mail for years.  Other victims' have stories involving her being a very willing participant in his schemes.  Her son Zak was/is the build coordinator.  They all need to go to jail.  The best thing about this whole thing is that their daughter now has a chance to live with decent people.

Offline dingles

« Reply #1085 on: February 07, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
I dont.  Dectective Davis verified today no one was at the shop and he did not see my car.  But I heard a few cars were missing along with Bob.  This could be his capital when he decides to return under another name.  I am sure a few cars are tucked away in a garage somewhere as mine has still not been registered.  The only reason I know is I had a shot of the old tag that was still on the car, it shows up on the copy of the title with the correct VIN I recieved.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1086 on: February 07, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »

From Ayhan Menekshe
To KICRVI@aol.com
CC GEORGE PAYNE
edcarolinathol@aol.com
william cater

I am in touch with all those people.  I also believe I located Bob and communicated that information to the authorities.  The investigation has been reopened.  They are telling me that there is no current arrest warrants against him but we will work towards changing that.  I am very busy but I will make this my mission.  I will start getting people together and establishing things against him.  We believe that we have located William’s and my car and I am working towards securing them.  Bob was trying to change the VIN’s on those and sell those cars to others.  I will get you more information tomorrow.  Tomorrow, I will establish a large e-mail list including everybody.  Let’s coordinate efforts as a group. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayhan M. Menekshe
 Attorney at Law

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1087 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

From Ayhan Menekshe
To edcarolinathol@aol.com
GEORGE PAYNE
william cater

I believe located Bob and also located where my car is.  Bob is trying to flee out of the country.  I LEARNED WHERE HE IS HEADED BUT WE NEED TO STOP HIM BEOFRE THAT.  HE NEEDS TO BE ARRESTED.  I contacted Detective Mike Davis and inspector Walston.  We will need to make sure that Bob is arrested.  If someone just goes to talk to him he will be lost forever.  Did anyone of you ever contacted US Marshall’s or Feds, please let me know asap.  Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayhan M. Menekshe
 Attorney at Law

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1088 on: February 07, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
What the hell is going on.  Where is this coming from
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1089 on: February 07, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »
a repost,sorry!

Ayhan M. Menekshe
 Attorney at Law

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:07:29 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1090 on: February 07, 2013, 10:11:30 PM »
it appears this lawyer has located Bob.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1091 on: February 07, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »
This may be redundant

Please use this email for future correspondence. You are welcome to send me anything you like. Ive got a nice file going.

Inspector James F. Walston III

NCDMV License and Theft Bureau

1624 Patton Avenue

Asheville, NC 28806

Office: 828-251-6081 EXT 217

Cell: 828-231-6875

Fax: 828-251-6110

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #1092 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »
I dunno. For an attorney, his grasp of the english language leaves alot to be desired. Doesn't ring true to me.

Hoping I'm wrong but this smells fishy...

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #1093 on: February 08, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »
Another one of Bob's impersonations?

Scratch that...  Bob's not smart enough to impersonate an email address from a real law firm. Hmmm
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:27:00 AM by jmurray878 »
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1094 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:42 AM »
Brian the lawyer is Pakatani( or middle Eastern ), I called his office and the seems legit.