Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397147 times)

Offline JupiterBandit

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »
doesn't matter, if you sue it will just be a judgement. It will take a bit to force hime to pay and by then he may have nothing. Talk to a lawyer and then run, don't walk to the bank and cash it. Now if it bounces then you got him on a fradulent check too

Offline tawidow

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »
Too boot he wrote my name wrong.  In all of his correspondence to me it's been right - Carol.  Suddenly when he goes to write the check it becomes Carroll.  Both his bank and my bank said that if I just sign it the way he wrote it with the correct spelling underneath it should go through.  The envelope was right.  hmmmm?  I don't know what he was trying to pull with that.  I saved the envelope and made a copy of the check.  He wonders why people don't trust him.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
Bob's request to one of his customers:

Before I sleep or eat again, I will have pictures, explanatory updates for you and a more exact time line. All day today, tonight and tomorrow you will get your update. I am not resting till I get it. I have taken 3 cameras with me so I don’t run out of memory, battery or in case one won’t work.

When I pulled your file to get your update, I found a letter that was filed in it while I was out of town. It was from the Attorney General. I was totally unaware that it was there. File no 1208780 You, three others, Joe Godar jgodar@aol.com John Cerrone jcerrone3@charter.net and Eli Smith ersmith343@gmail.com have filed complaints. The ones that I have given you the email address to have written and spoken to the attorney general and have told her that everything is alright here. I am working with you on getting you all the updates you need. I ask that you do the same and withdraw your complaint from the attorney general. Phone number 919-716-6000 and email address SEDavis@ncdoj.gov . I do not need to get shut down, that would jeopardize you and about 30 other customers out of their cars. Please help me help you.

Thank you

Bob

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »
This guy is seriously delusional!!! He's convinced himself that running a ponzi scheme is leagal and ethical.  He's out of his mind!! After all of the complaints on different sites around the net, including here, all the info is out there on this guy!!!  PLEASE PEOPLE!!!  PLEASE!!!  DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SPEND $15,000 OR MORE ON ANYTHING!!
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
From ERSMITH named in Bob's Email:

I did not withdraw a complaint, I merely reported to the state that I had visited his shops and they were making marked improvements in restorations, communications and builds for customers. I also reported the status of my build and that I intended to give Bob  and his staff an opportunity to correct the problem before I took further legal action.

I provided photos and a first hand account of what Bob and his staff were working on during  my visit.

I can tell you he has 6 cars that are currently being worked on. I do not know exactly who they belong to, but there are 3 at fair view and 3 at black mountain which I laid my hands on, walked around and talked to his staff about. Bob says he has others being worked on, but the above are the ones I looked at.

Hope this helps...after visiting the shop and spending the day I feel much better about getting a car over the next few months and not loosing my money.

Mr. Smith

Offline tawidow

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
Hindsight is so awesome, isn't it?  The guy changes his business name to avoid the bad publicity.  How hard is that to understand?  The only reason I found out about this site and others out there was because someone contacted me AFTER my husband bought the car.  Then I learned of the alias names.  Then I learned of how he operates.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
Someone on this site has given me the Email of the President of Ebay if anyone on this site would care to write him.

Jdonahoe@ebay.com 

Thanks

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 11:21:03 PM »
well, mr. smith took the bait
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline sixgunsblazing

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 11:48:10 PM »
I'd be surprised if mr smith actually exists

Offline bobg

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2012, 07:32:05 AM »
My guess is that he probably figures that by giving the $2000 or some sort of payment, it will give himself some sort of protection or extra time from prosecution. Once the checks are cashed, he can then say that he has an agreement with those customers and he is working with them on making it right. I would be suprised if the people that have recieved any partial payment see any more money unless a judgement is ordered, or it is needed to deter prosecution. But even then You still might not see a dime. I wish everyone caught in the middle the best of luck.
79  TATA 400 W72 4spd
79 gold 400 4spd w72 T top
74 superduty 455 4spd
70 Trans am Ram air 4speed

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
hooray! Bob the Bandit's ads have been removed!

Thanks to all the people who wrote Ebay!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »
Very interesting.  I wonder if he pulled them or someone else did.  I noticed that he'd left positive feedback for someone else on 8/13.  Funny that he still claims no one has paid him since June 1st.  These are only the people that pay on e-bay.  I wonder how many more victims are out there that pay off e-bay.  I added a reply to the feedback he left for my husband.  It just said to google Build a Bandit and Pontiac Pros before bidding.  I wish I had done that on the reply to the feedback my husband left for him.  I think more people look at that.  Is that still slander in his eyes?  Having people aware of what they're getting into if they buy from him instead of him hiding it from them?

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2012, 08:47:20 AM »
Who cares what he thinks!  You just gave people the ability to do research.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
Very interesting.  I wonder if he pulled them or someone else did?

Ebay pulled them because the auctions are gone...If Bob pulled them he would only be able to end them early,  they would still show in completed listings and/or if you clicked the prior links to them.
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72